navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Little Worm (a story for my daughter)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Little Worm (a story for my daughter) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

0 posted 1999-08-27 03:41 AM

My daughter was about two and a half when she first asked me for a "made-up" story. This was the first I did for her and my other children, 'tis short but 'tis also her favorite. She can tell it much better than I can, but here goes.

The little worm inched out of bed. He peeked out around the door to his room to make sure that his Momma and Daddy weren't awake. He knew it was too early to be awake but that was why he had gotten out of bed. Today he would have his biggest adventure yet.

Daddy had always told him to never get up early and to never, ever go outside in the early morning. When he asked his Momma why, she would only say, "Listen to your father. He knows what's best." Well the little worm got tired of not getting an answer, so sure that there must be something wondrous outside that little worms weren't allowed to see. Being very quiet, he sneaked through the living room and up the hole in their roof to the door. He was very quiet as he tried to stop giggling so loud. This was fun already for the little worm. Not being afraid of anything, the little worm boldly opened wide the door and poked his head out into the morning. "So this was morning", he thought. There were flowers of all shapes and colors and butterflies and busy bees buzzing back and forth. The little worm stretched out on the grass to enjoy his first morning ever. Suddenly, a shadow fell across him. He wasn't scared at first until he saw all the butterflies and bees had flown away. He turned to go back into his home only to find that a robin had landed near him. With a fast dart of it's head it went to gobble up the poor little worm. The worm thought to himself how wrong he was not to listen to his Momma and Daddy. He couldn't even scrunch his eyes closed as the sharp beak came down to gobble him up. From behind the robin, a big, gray paw came slapping down on the robin. The little worm just stared as a huge Tabby cat carried off the fluttering bird. The little worm streaked down the hole, creeped through the living room and was back in bed in a flash. As he drifted back to sleep, he thought of the lessons he had learned today; Little worms should always listen to their Momma and Daddy and though the early bird gets the worm, the early cat gets the early bird.

©1999 DreamEvil

------------------
Shall I indulge in flights of fancy hampered by clipped wings?
DreamEvil©

[This message has been edited by DreamEvil (edited 08-27-99).]

© Copyright 1999 DreamEvil - All Rights Reserved
Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
1 posted 1999-08-27 03:48 AM

This is absolutely adorable! No doubt your daughter can tell it better though...

------------------
"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with." *Mark Twain*

Moonlight
since 1999-06-25
Posts 105
Auburn, Alabama USA
2 posted 1999-08-27 04:02 AM

this was so cute! I love, love it You should do some little illustrations and bam! You've got yourself a best seller
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 1999-08-27 09:05 AM

This is a great story on an old saying. May I share this with my grandchildren?

------------------
Sunshine
Words will always express our feelings true. ~~~ KRJ
Look, then, into thine heart, and write ~~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
4 posted 1999-08-27 10:33 AM

Wow Dream! This was good! I agree with Moonlight there. Add some pictures and you got yourself a children's book.
Gentle Soul
since 1999-07-12
Posts 273
Vinton,Ohio USA
5 posted 1999-08-27 12:32 PM

This is SO cute!! hehhehe.. love it brother...

------------------
Gënt£ë¤§°û£

Tara Simms
since 1999-08-12
Posts 1244
Honea Path, SC USA
6 posted 1999-08-29 08:13 PM

How ADORABLE! LOL, now I'm seeing a whole new side of you, DE.
Dragoness
since 1999-08-07
Posts 513

7 posted 1999-09-08 07:50 AM

Awww this was so cute! I loved it!!

------------------
Set you heart free and your mind will follow.

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
8 posted 1999-09-08 02:17 PM

Dream,
This is so cute!!! I echo all the sentiments above!!!

------------------
Words lay dormant in the recesses of the mind til called forth to a labor of love. By WildChild

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Little Worm (a story for my daughter)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary