navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » No sign of the rainbow(Part4)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic No sign of the rainbow(Part4) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Xeonox
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-04-01
Posts 1764
CA, USA

0 posted 2001-04-20 01:44 AM

A slim-bodied, pale face and a carefree attitude woman she was. This was the first impression of Rose’s cousin. Rose tries to formally introduce me. However, her cousin has not interest in meeting me and I shared the same feeling. I glance at my chair, which was telling me to sit still and see what boils up. I fleeting look over my right shoulder where I notice college students lining up behind me to get some food. The students reminded of hungry beggars waiting for their ration. The only difference that I saw were the clothes this student wore and their excitable attitude. I tried not to evade my attention from rose, but I could not help looking around for I felt nervous. I knew what I came here for and not her cousin or anyone else is going to ruin this for me. Rose, if my memory does not fail me was wearing a sleeveless top and khaki pants. To me she looked extraordinary. I decided to do a little more of probing into her personal life. She told me straight forward that she has had not past relationship and is not interested in being one now or in the future. At that instance if you could see my face, it wriggle creating an image of a dried apricot. One word came to mind, Stupid. What followed was a range of emotions and alternative strategy. I setup defense grids with my philosophical talk and engage her into a mental battle. However, what I did not take into account was her stubbornness. No matter what I said, she gave me the same answer. “I will do what my family wants me to do”, those words still ring in my ears. Her cousin would interrupt our conversation by asking rose what time she would like to study. Rose being the kind self that she is would immediately reply with an innocence tone. Nevertheless, she made sure that I was not bored. She would look at me, but not say a word. I knew that right now was not the time for me to be the sore thumb. The non-verbal communication between us grew at a rapid pace. We must have spent another half n hour. After finishing whatever they talked about, we went outside and sat on the benches. I stood for I did not want to reclaim a space for myself among strangers. I met two of Rose’s friend which I cannot remember their name. While standing beside Rose, I felt I was on a leash and she was in command of me. I did not mind that one bit. She introduces me to her friends in a way that was quite different from the earlier introduction with her cousin. Maybe she feels more comfortable sharing me with her friends rather than her cousin. The clock ticked past noon and I knew if I did not leave now I would be later for work. Nevertheless, I could not bear to leave her side. However, as remembering our earlier talk about her not interested in guys, I decided to make a stealth exit. (Part5)

Ronil (Inspiration for my poems is all around me for my muse is my reality.)

[This message has been edited by Xeonox (edited 04-20-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Ronil B Tataria - All Rights Reserved
Phreak
since 2001-04-11
Posts 26

1 posted 2001-04-20 10:26 AM

I'm digging this.. as always, I'll be anticipating your next story
Xeonox
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-04-01
Posts 1764
CA, USA
2 posted 2001-04-20 06:41 PM

You should have read the part 3.

Ronil (Inspiration for my poems is all around me for my muse is my reality.)

Phreak
since 2001-04-11
Posts 26

3 posted 2001-04-20 07:16 PM

I did!!! I totally forgot to respond...I am doing it now, sorry!  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » No sign of the rainbow(Part4)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary