navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Yet I made a dreadful error.
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Yet I made a dreadful error. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

0 posted 2001-04-11 04:22 PM

Years ago I had a pen pal. She wrote me offering her friendship. Which turned into love. Although never did we meet face to face I called her twice.
Yet in time the work a day orld crushed my innermost spirit. I had a monster to fight. A monster called anti-semitism. A monster thatn plays by it's own four word rule - "WIN AT ALL COSTS!"
And I allowed it to rob me of my pen pal. A sort of silly love but a true and warm one, I thrust daggers into.
She asked constantly, "What's Wrong? What are you turning into? You can tell me. It's OK." And I was too proud and simultaneously too ashamed to mention it to her. Now what wsa a silly but true and oh so  warm a love  is truly unrequitted and lies in it's grave  cold dead and buried . Never to live again. And it's my own fault. I killed it. I am a murderer.
God in Heaven what was I thinking? How could I have been so stupid? If Dawn wont forgive me, I understand why. Yet I beg for Thy Forgiveness.

© Copyright 2001 lordmakemeweak - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2001-04-11 04:24 PM

Hi!  This is a poetry forum, and this is set more in the Prose format.  I'm going to move this over there.

Let any of the moderators know if you have any questions, about the appropriate place to post certain pieces.

Thank you.

Sunshine/Moderator

lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

2 posted 2001-04-11 05:00 PM

TY, sunshine.

lmmw

Tiersdin
Member Elite
since 2000-11-17
Posts 2364
east coast
3 posted 2001-04-12 03:48 PM

There's nothing more painful then unrequited love. I'm a sap for love stories. Enjoyed reading...

*smiles*

-Tier

lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

4 posted 2001-04-12 08:13 PM

Hi Tiersdin.

Sadley enough and most unfortunately, this is  atrue story. only God in Heaven knows wht I would do to get Dawn back. Yet I dont even know where she is. I have recently been listening to "Smoke Gets in your Eyes" by the Platters. It's hitting me right between the eyes. And hitting my innermost heart. Everest has tumbled into the sea.
If she sees this, let it be known for God and all here, that i am deepry saddened and sorrowed by my betrayal of a silly but a true and warm love.

Dawn, my deepest most sincere and most heartfelt apologies.

I miss you so much. And I am so sorry I hurt you. I will pray for you.

mmw

Dawn Eclipse
since 2000-01-31
Posts 637
The Horsehead Nebula
5 posted 2001-04-12 11:15 PM

My deepest sympathy.. i know quite well what its like to lose a friend you love.. i don't wish that upon anyone.  My prayers go out to you and Dawn.  

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other course, no other way... No day but today"
~Broadway Musical RENT~

*Cassandra Roseen*

kitkat
since 2000-01-11
Posts 878
Nova Scotia
6 posted 2001-04-13 06:19 PM

This was so sad. I hope some how you can send this to her and become friends again.

lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

7 posted 2001-04-13 06:25 PM

TY 4 the kind thought kitkat.
I wsa just too stubborn and muleheaded to realize what a true friend I had. Just too proud to talk about what was wrong and too ashamed of what was wrong.
God knows if I could find her, I'd tell her from my heart how absolutely sorry I was and maybe to take me back.
I've learned well my lesson. Anti Semitism is a greedy thief. The more it steals and the more it gets the more it will steal nd want.

Do please pray for me. I believe I've overcome this enemy known as anti semitism. Yet at a heavy cost.

Love you all.

Happy Easter. (Happy Belated Passover to any Jewish people who may be reading this.)

lmmw

lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

8 posted 2001-04-14 08:42 PM

But now I know. There's no real regret.
For I can look around and find many people with much worse regret.
I lost a friendship in a moment by writing unkind words. I may very well regain it in due time. It may take  a while, but the patience of Job, there, lmmw. If I may call a proper name. Susan Smith will not re-gain Michael and Alex.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Yet I made a dreadful error.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary