navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » the start of some experimentation in prose
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic the start of some experimentation in prose Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kevin
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-11-02
Posts 729
Torrington, Ct, Usa

0 posted 2001-02-09 03:30 AM

Im sorry this is an eyesoar, when I paste it dosent ident or space paragraphs for some reason

Looking back, I never had any use for other people’s words.  An odd circumstance considering I was such a fan of my own.  Somewhere along the line, I gave up on listening and instead decided to fabricate the personalities of others deep within my head to the point where even I didn’t know I was doing it.  I assume that most of my fabrications came from appearance.  Those who looked comforting to me I made to be my friends, those who were threatening my enemies.  It was all so simple.  That is until the day when my world of fabrication and the security that I had worked so hard to build came crashing down around me.  

It’s quite a shock when you wake up from a dream that you didn’t know you were having.  Last week for me was no exception.  It started out like any other; I was busy pretending to be happy with my commercial life and my commercial possessions when I came out of my euphoric state for a brief second to hear:  “Can I see you in my office please?”  At my company, this statement might as well have been grab a box.  I’m pretty sure this is when I began to come out of my self-educed coma.  The quaint cubicles of yesterday began misshaping themselves into prison cells as I passed.  The soft felt walls hardening to brick and bars.  The eyes of my co-workers searching for a last glimpse of me, like inmates watching a man on death row.  Three miles later I reached my bosses office.  After swallowing in hopes to push my heart back down from my throat I managed out a few words, “what is it you need Mike?”

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited 02-09-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Kevin Bednarz - All Rights Reserved
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

1 posted 2001-02-09 05:26 PM

This is a wonderful first prose attempt. You have some great thoughts. The only advice I would offer is to extend the story a little... don't leave us hanging! Keep practicing!

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

Kevin
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-11-02
Posts 729
Torrington, Ct, Usa
2 posted 2001-02-10 01:20 AM

wasnt finished...just trying something new  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » the start of some experimentation in prose

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary