navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Watching
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Watching Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Xander
since 2001-02-01
Posts 3
Wausau, WI

0 posted 2001-02-01 11:46 PM

I watched from the window.  A young woman was walking along the point, stepping lightly along the jagged rocks.  Waves crashed below her, roaring as they came in, then hissing as the spray flew up, to lightly kiss her feet.  Her head tossed, and that ebony hair frothed around herr face before settling back into place, laying along her back.  I longed to stand with her, to feel the seaspray gently caress my face.  Alas, it was not to be.  For even as I watched, the young woman reached the end of the point and stopped.  She stood there for a time, her head bowed, hair falling forward to hide her softly chiselled features.  She threw her face towards the gray clouds overhead, her black hair stark against the white of her dress.  As I watched, she in turn watched the heavens.  She raised her hands, and I watched as she plunged to the sea below.  Tears ran down my face as I turned back to my dinner.  It was no business of mine.  

© Copyright 2001 Alexander Olson - All Rights Reserved
Swamp¤Faeryie
since 2000-12-04
Posts 393
fairyland....of course;)
1 posted 2001-02-02 01:20 PM

THAT was dramatic!! I kind of liked the bittersweet romance it had to it.....interesting...

sam

Do i contradict myself?Very well i contradict myself.I contain multitudes.~walt whitman

Midnight Dew
since 2001-01-07
Posts 50
Forest Lake, MN
2 posted 2001-02-07 12:47 PM

Hey Xander, welcome to Passions.  This was a really great first post.  I liked the simplicity while still being descriptive.  My kind of write!

~Caitlin Hull~

"The Holy Spirit makes up all our souls, and when it 'flexes' it makes us do great things."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Watching

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary