navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Cows
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Cows Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Wesley the Blue
since 1999-09-02
Posts 426
Forest Lake, MN, USA

0 posted 2001-01-22 01:47 AM

There are times throughout life when we all feel incredibly docile, almost cow like.  A bunch of bipedal bovines grazing on the green grass of life that society shoves down our throats.  We accept whatever is thrown our way without question.  Life just seems to be a sequence of non-related events that we pass through on our way to the inevitable death.  We could really care less which way any situation goes.  Good, bad, it makes no difference.  We just live and graze, graze and live.  Earl, our next door neighbor gets taken out of the flock and turned into hamburger, hotdogs, spare ribs and so forth, and we don’t even flinch.  Just continue on like nothing happened, forgetting about Earl, like so many that have gone before. We think, “it wasn’t me, why should I care?” Flies buzz around our ears annoying us, we swat at them lazily and when we don’t succeed, we give up and moooove on.  We are just plain indifferent.  Yes, no, maybe, who cares?  I do.  If I’m going to be a cow, I want to be one of the bulls that run in the “Running of the Bulls” in Spain.  Angry, upset, disturbed, destructive even.  I won’t take my life sitting down, grazing on society’s drivel.  I want to make mistakes, let me learn from my pain.  I want spice, I want flare, give me pain, give me pleasure, give me LIFE.  I want to know I’m alive.  If society doesn’t like it, if society can’t handle it, society be damned.

Ketih Mullin

every day is a new day with which we can change the world

© Copyright 2001 Keith W. Mullin - All Rights Reserved
Swamp¤Faeryie
since 2000-12-04
Posts 393
fairyland....of course;)
1 posted 2001-01-22 01:53 PM

RIGHT ON!!!!!  
i liked this idea,it was very coherant and creative!!
swamp

Do i contradict myself?Very well i contradict myself.I contain multitudes.~walt whitman

Dawn Eclipse
since 2000-01-31
Posts 637
The Horsehead Nebula
2 posted 2001-01-22 04:01 PM

Hey Keith!  Nicely done.  though.. i think if i had to be a cow, i would wish i was a cat instead.. i much prefer sleeping all day.  Nice idea!  Yah put an interesting spin on life.  

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other course, no other way... No day but today"
~Broadway Musical RENT~

*Cassandra Roseen*

Wesley the Blue
since 1999-09-02
Posts 426
Forest Lake, MN, USA
3 posted 2001-01-24 11:22 AM

Swamp, thank you for reading, Im glad you liked it.

Cassie, I posted a poem about being a cat in open a while back, you might like it  

Thank you both for reading

every day is a new day with which we can change the world

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
4 posted 2001-01-27 08:07 PM

Guess wwe have a simerlar outlook in life
But I guess if some people want to  be like cows thats up to them, Me I'd be a bird

When freedom wisphers your name, it's time to fight for it.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Cows

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary