navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Alone
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Alone Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Midnight Dew
since 2001-01-07
Posts 50
Forest Lake, MN

0 posted 2001-01-07 04:35 AM

She moved through life, alone....

She always had and just knew, deep inside, that she always would.  

From the time she was a child, with her mother, after her father left.  Her mother couldn't handle it and chased after him.  Leaving her.  Alone.

In kindergarten, when she was trying to make friends, and instead made a mess.  She went to the corner and stood there.  Alone.  

In elementary, when the others made fun of her neverending runs of parents, never settling on one set, always switching around.  When her peers made fun of her lack of scholastic ability.  She would sit in the back or on a swing at recess.  Alone.

In Junior High, when all the cliques formed.  Everybody had a clique.  The 'nerds', the 'jocks', the 'popular people', the 'druggies'.  All except her.  She just sat and ate her lunch.  Alone.

Senior year, on prom night.  Her current foster mother convinced her to go, even without a date, to give her a night off.  She stood by the side of the gym.  Alone.  

They noticed her standing alone.  They came over, tried to include her in their group.  She had been alone too long and was unused to acceptance.  She could not recognize it.  So she ran out into the night.  Alone.

She ran out into the road.  There was a car coming.  It hit her as she ran and all she saw was blackness.  She now knew what complete loneliness was.  She lay there, looking at black, and feeling as she had all her life.  Alone.

She saw light.  Was able to open her eyes.  Looked up to see the doctor standing there.  He just smiled at her and said:

"You are not alone."  

© Copyright 2001 Caitlin Hull - All Rights Reserved
Tiersdin
Member Elite
since 2000-11-17
Posts 2364
east coast
1 posted 2001-01-07 03:49 PM

Very good!

-Tier

Maverick Wolf
since 1999-11-13
Posts 94
Scandia, MN
2 posted 2001-01-07 10:49 PM

I could sum this all up with one word.  Excellent.  The feeling is there.  The lonliness is there.  It is an emotion that is so easy to relate to.  You can feel her pain, you can feel her lonliness.  Wonderful contribution to the prose forum.
Midnight Dew
since 2001-01-07
Posts 50
Forest Lake, MN
3 posted 2001-01-08 01:30 PM

Thank you for your comments.  I'm finding that I'm really enjoying prose and the positive input really helps encourage me.

Dawn Eclipse
since 2000-01-31
Posts 637
The Horsehead Nebula
4 posted 2001-01-08 05:23 PM

Ok, now that i know who you are... arg... very nice prose piece.  That's my life right now.     wonderful job.

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other course, no other way... No day but today"
~Broadway Musical RENT~

*Cassandra Roseen*

Secret Whisper
since 2001-01-25
Posts 298
Through the Looking Glass
5 posted 2001-01-26 11:08 AM

What beautiful messages you send. This writing made me feel every word. And I can more than relate to the feelings coming across. I have grown quite fond of your writings. Once agian, my compliments.

~Alison~

"Close your eyes, and you'll see."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Alone

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary