navwin » Discussion » Q & A » re: send button
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic re: send button Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon

0 posted 2000-11-05 05:41 PM

Ron, I went to send a thread to a friend and the send button at the top of the poem didn't work, and neither did the bottom. Is it me or Ceres? Please let me know. Thanks.

© Copyright 2000 Shawna R. Holder - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2000-11-05 06:35 PM

WildChild - Which forum was it in? Some of the forums, ie: this one, don't have that capability.  

Chris

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
2 posted 2000-11-05 07:32 PM

Christopher, I was in Announcements.
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
3 posted 2000-11-05 08:28 PM

Well, that explains it.

As Chris indicated, not all of the User options are active in all of the forums. Specifically, the Greeting Card and Send buttons were designed for poetry, not discussion topics. I designed that limitation in a bit over a year ago and, honestly, I'm not sure why. (Though I suspect reading through some old Alley threads might refresh my memory.   )

I'm still working on the new forum software, guys - should these limitations perhaps be removed?

Jeffrey Carter
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
State of constant confusion!
4 posted 2000-11-06 09:05 AM

Ron asked...

I'm still working on the new forum software, guys - should these limitations perhaps be removed?

Yes, Ron, I think if we can post it in any of the forums there is no reason why at least the send button attribute shouldn't be removed. Just a thought.  

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
5 posted 2000-11-06 01:05 PM

Thanks Ron and Chris. That does explain it. As far as the limitations I figure that since it is your site you can do whatever you feel is best for it. Some things are probably best unsent lol. However decisions are yours in this matter. Thanks for letting me know. Shawna
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » re: send button

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary