navwin » Discussion » Q & A » I need to find a poem.
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic I need to find a poem. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Amy Hoff
Unregistered
Posts 1

0 posted 2000-04-26 09:32 PM

I need to find a poem and I don't know the author or the title. I t is very important to me and I would appreciate anybody's help.  I know a single line which says, "I'm lying here dying, now, Mom."  The poem is about a person who goes to a party and decides not to drink.  On the way home, however, this person is hit by a drunk driver.  The driver walks away from the accident unharmed while this person lies in the road and bleeds to death.  It is written from the person's point of view as if he is writing a letter to his mother telling her what happened.  Someone read this poem to me several years ago and I failed to get a copy from her.  Now I wish I had this poem and can't find it anywhere.  Please help me.  It's very important to me.  Thank you.                        
                             Sincerely,
                             Amy Rene Hoff
                             Blue Springs,
                             Missouri

© Copyright 2000 Amy Hoff - All Rights Reserved
JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
1 posted 2000-05-01 04:47 PM

Do you know the chicken soup books, Amy?
I believe it is in one of those.  I think In Chiken Soupd For Teens 1 or 2.
Oh, and we also have it on a bulliten board in our school.  If you still can't find it, I'd be glad to copy it down and give it to you.
Hope I helped and let me know okay?

Joy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » I need to find a poem.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary