navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Real Names?!?!?!?!?!
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Real Names?!?!?!?!?! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2011-08-23 10:18 PM

Other then the name posted as your site name how can members find out your real name? I have noticed a new member being called by his name instead of his handle and I see nothing in his posts showing his name. How is it possible for others to find it out?

© Copyright 2011 Marilyn - All Rights Reserved
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2011-08-23 10:27 PM

ok..I think I figured it out. There is a copyright with his name beside it. Not that it truly matters but why does it show that way instead of the site name chosen. What if someone wishes to be refereed to by the name they chose rather then their given name? It really threw me the first time I saw the person in question spoken to by their name and not their handle. I thought..."How do they know his name? Where were they looking that they see this information when it was not shared by the author?"

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
2 posted 2011-08-23 10:35 PM

You can set it in the Member's Area: ( /main/ubbmisc.cgi?action=membermenu  )

Click "change profile" and down the page a bit you will find "Real Name (copyright)" Whatever name (username, first name, full name, etc) you put in there will show up with your copyright.    

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Real Names?!?!?!?!?!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary