navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 »
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SnglDad
since 2000-01-08
Posts 115
Seattle area

0 posted 2000-01-14 07:22 PM

[This message has been edited by SnglDad (edited 01-15-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Joel - All Rights Reserved
Kevin Taylor
since 1999-12-23
Posts 185
near Vancouver, BC, Canada
1 posted 2000-01-14 09:08 PM

Bale me out here... what are IM's?
Aside from that you have painted a very wide swath in a few lines. Necessarily that leaves impressions and feelings abound.

Online / offline... love will find a way.

So what are IM's?

< !signature-->

Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevintaylor (edited 01-14-2000).]

SnglDad
since 2000-01-08
Posts 115
Seattle area
2 posted 2000-01-14 09:11 PM

IM`s are instant messages,you use them to chat with others on AOL,just like ICQ.
Thank you for your input.

[This message has been edited by SnglDad (edited 01-14-2000).]

poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
3 posted 2000-01-14 11:27 PM

sngldad: the sentiment is a beautiful one and one that i'm very familiar with (my girlfriend and i met online and have a solid and loving relationship despite the distance)... the only problems i see are slight technical problems... most of the poem has no obvious problems at all, but a few of the lines and rhymes seem forced... part of achieving a poetical effect is twisting sentences and phrases to give them rhythm, but if you make them too awkward then you destroy the effect... the first line could use some restructuring (from my point of view -- remember, i'm only one mind) because it sounds awkward and forced... perhaps something like "We met months ago on the internet"... also, i might suggest a revision of the 6th and 7th lines to something more like "Soon I found myself on my way,/ Flew thousands of miles to a place unknown"... in line 9, you might make it a little less awkward by eliminating "a mess was still" and replacing it with "catastrophe was"... finally, you might consider making "okay people I have learned" into something smoother like "this, my friends, is what I learned"... I hope you dont take offense at any of my suggestions, for they are only that -- suggestions... you take and leave whatever you want according to how you want your work to be... i hope that i've been of some help though    hope to read more of your work online soon...  

sincerely,
**jerome the boy with no brain

SnglDad
since 2000-01-08
Posts 115
Seattle area
4 posted 2000-01-15 01:20 AM

No offense taken  
I like the input that everyone at AC has to offer. Thank you for your reply.
Im still learning so I can always use some feed back.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 »

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary