navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Confinement
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Confinement Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jaxjoy
since 1999-12-14
Posts 112
Texas

0 posted 1999-12-14 03:08 PM

How you admonish me
with your silence.
Likened to a martyr,
making your contribution
to some moral cause.

How morality sickens me.
Yet, inside
I can still feel
the lingering glow
of an angel's kiss
upon my brow.

This fever immobilizes me,
rendering me helpless, flailing,
stranded in this dream.

I think upon
my moments of splendor,
trying to release
this pain
I hold captive.
Chained to mediocrity, hypocrisy.
Enslaved to this fleeting passion.

© Copyright 1999 Jacqueline Vachier - All Rights Reserved
haze
since 1999-11-03
Posts 528
Bethlehem, PA USA
1 posted 1999-12-14 04:21 PM

Beautifully written, well in sinc...You draw from the depths of sadness well, the image and emotion of forbidden love, unrequitted is sooooo tangible...KUDOS
roxane
since 1999-09-02
Posts 505
us
2 posted 1999-12-15 10:38 PM

i like the choice of words in this poem, but it seems that the transition between stanzas is not as clear as it could be.  there is some excellent imagery here.  welcome to passions, i'm looking forward to your next post.

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
3 posted 1999-12-16 04:44 PM

It's a little late but welcome to Passions and I hope you have a kind, comfortable time here.   I enjoyed the first two stanzas of your poem but I think it got away from you in the last.  It almost sounds like you've written two poems here.  Wonder if you might give us some background information to help us understand it a bit more and tell us what you're goals are with poetry?

Another thought, I think the third stanza could be developed into still another poem but the fourth, to my way of reading, is too vague without a lot more description.

Thanks,
Brad

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Confinement

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary