navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » feelings....
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic feelings.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
mc
since 1999-11-16
Posts 67
México

0 posted 1999-11-16 05:53 PM

My feelings so hard to conceive
for what I know may seem so little
but what I feel
Heaven knows I don't Know.

Have you ever felt like there's no one there to go to and feel free, have you ever wondered where all the love and passion go?
When did you stop feeling? where did you leave all the crazy stuff behind?

When did you stop believing in yourself?
Who or what power came to take your feelings away from you?
Can it be possible not to distinguish your own sorrow?
How can anyone say for sure exactly what they feel?

It's been so long since I was in touch with my inner voice, so trained to ignore my deep own feelings. I wonder what I feel, what I hear, but most of all I'm confussed by the so many deamons inside of me: fear, loneliness, insecurity, that I honestly don't know wheter I act or REACT....

I don't intend anyone to understand,
neither the less to listen
to any of this nonsense,
but if you ever ask not to feel for something, think twice for it might be the best gift you have ever had!!!!

------------------
mcestrada

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 11-17-1999).]

© Copyright 1999 Maricarmen Estrada Elosúa - All Rights Reserved
roxane
since 1999-09-02
Posts 505
us
1 posted 1999-11-16 11:01 PM

i understand the message of this poem. there are just a couple things which bother me.

insecureness=insecurity

the second to last stanza is moer like prose than poetry. perhaps you could revise that.

otherwise, i think that this is a pretty good poem. also, it seems like some of the statements made in this poem don't correspond with others. i don't really understand why this person has no feelings, or why they want no feelings, but it seems like that is the point of the poem. perhaps you could explain it to me

mc
since 1999-11-16
Posts 67
México
2 posted 1999-11-17 12:29 PM

Thank you for your opinion, the truth is I don't even understand it. I love writting and that's what I did. I'm trying, though, to improve, that is why I joined this beautiful group. Once again thank you for your valuable opinion.

------------------
mcestrada

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » feelings....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary