navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Reflections
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Reflections Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
princezz
since 1999-07-12
Posts 8
Brighton, MI, USA

0 posted 1999-10-04 09:13 PM

we all get ours in the end,
The viscious cycle again begins,
The originals break down more each day,
They are the ones that lead the way,
New recruits file in,
One by one repeating our sins,
I am alone.
Where you'll soon be,
Save yourself, just look at me.

© Copyright 1999 princezz - All Rights Reserved
rachana.s
since 1999-09-16
Posts 55
madras,tamil nadu,India
1 posted 1999-10-05 12:25 PM

hey princezz,

First, I liked the poem as a piece of puzzle and for he way it is written. It also made me think. It sort of formed a meaning for the title. It is clear that you are reflecting on something and warning others not to take the same path.

But there seemed no base to this reflection. Except that you feel regret and loneliness at your present state, I do not understand why you are feeling so? What made the loneliness occur?

The point of expressing yourself is that the persons reading have to understand the emotion behind the words. Somehow it is hard to feel that emotion when I can not feel the reson. It need not be spelt out, it may be covertly mentioned, but it has to be there. (this is my opinion)

rachi

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Reflections

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary