navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Following The Night: In Search Of A Suitable Sunrise...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic Following The Night: In Search Of A Suitable Sunrise... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2018-01-19 03:28 AM

I saw her once, appearing crushed and withered, yet so beautiful, lovely as crumpled satin
She was lying curled...sleeping, wrapped in the fabric of her gently fraying dreams

Her heart may have been burning in embers of spent passion, speaking what I feel from the warmth of her body
Hair like that of dampened pampas grass, softly colored and wistfully blown in the early morning air

As morning’s light is slowly delivered, she stirs awake to feel my presence, as I hold her now in my safekeeping
Then, I saw a teardrop gently fall upon her cheek, washing away a stain so carelessly left by a jealous quarter moon

...one should never sleep alone

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2018 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2018-01-19 07:42 AM

Bluesy,
One word for this one: Brilliant! ~L

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2018-01-19 04:06 PM

Miss Lori,

One word for you...'Sweet'

...just bein' Bluesy

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
3 posted 2018-01-20 07:18 PM

A touching and delicate write Bluesy ~ This really spoke to me ~ Enjoyed so much
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
4 posted 2018-01-21 04:41 AM

You're a good woman, Miss Pinky. I appreciate your comments...always.

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Following The Night: In Search Of A Suitable Sunrise...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary