navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » From Holidays To Hollow Days: Nothing Is Anything Without Her...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic From Holidays To Hollow Days: Nothing Is Anything Without Her... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2017-12-19 12:10 PM

It's another late night solitude for me, my angel, and invariably, I’m missing you
The music that’s playing enhances my senses as I look for paper to fill with words and imagery

It's been a six o clock day all day and the sky's turned indigo purple lit from underneath with an orange city glow
The family arrives early, as fifty-year-old children in black suits and skirts find their way to church where their memories live and their cheeks are wet dried

It's another late night solitude for me, my angel, and invariably, without you, my emotions obliterate any sense of reality in me
The family mingles amongst themselves and chatter on with their incessant ‘broken record’ recitations which I’ve come to deplore

...I miss you, my darling. That’s all. I miss you.

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2017 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2017-12-19 05:47 AM

Wow talk about condensed! You wrote volumes in so few words! You accomplished sooo much with so little. Very impressive. That was a painful little shot in the arm there fella.
~L

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
2 posted 2017-12-19 11:46 PM

Life  can become pretty mundane when we face it without the one we love...Great title...Fits this one perfectly ~ Here's to the day when hollow is filled with happy   Enjoyed as always Bluesy
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
3 posted 2017-12-20 02:55 AM

Thank you so much for your exuberant reply, Miss Lori. I appreciate your every word.

...just bein' Bluesy

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
4 posted 2017-12-20 02:59 AM

You're quite right on all fronts, Miss Pinky.
quote:
" Here's to the day when hollow is filled with happy"
**~clink~**  

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » From Holidays To Hollow Days: Nothing Is Anything Without Her...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary