navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » For The Lightning To Strike
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic For The Lightning To Strike Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas

0 posted 2017-05-20 08:33 PM

For The Lightning To Strike

There is a certain She
out there, somewhere,
who doesn't know it yet,
but I'm the man
for whom she's searching.
I know . . .
because she's the woman
that's going to be everything
for the rest of my days.
I don't know what it is
about her,
but I feel her on the fringes
of my soul,
and every once in a while
the tingles
become highly charged
and I look at every woman
I pass
waiting and hoping
for the lightning
to strike.
She's there,
I know . . .

We just haven't connected yet.
© wesley james beard, jr.

© Copyright 2017 Wesley James Beard, Jr. - All Rights Reserved
P.U Stinkenbaum
Posts 388
No Fan Of Exhaust Fans
1 posted 2017-05-21 01:13 AM

More truth than poetry in your writing Mr. Beard. There's a polarity that matches just one.
Some who are already connected, as it were, still walk around with their rod out waiting for for that 'strike'.
Only those that produce a blue arc are keepers.

Just out looking for the real me...

Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
2 posted 2017-05-21 08:29 AM

It just so happens that I know a couple of single men that believe a woman (their woman) will just show up at their doorstep one day with lots of money and take care of them the rest of their days. They are both older than me and one expects his to be a 25 year old blond. Neither one talks of love in the equation...
Your poem, however, does give the sense that
there is everything-love and chemistry in that lightning strike...and it is mutual. ~L

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
3 posted 2017-05-21 09:16 AM

I like this one a lot. It flows smoothly - I tend to struggle with line breaks (or whatever they're called). I really enjoy your poetry, Jimmy.

Alison

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
4 posted 2017-05-21 11:06 AM

yeah, P.U. Stinkenbalm , there a many who have connected that don't consider that connection meaningful and want as many fish as they can get . . . Guess I'm old school - when I connected, I CONNECTED - and 43 years later we're more connected than ever.

thanks for coming in and replying, my friend.

j.

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
5 posted 2017-05-21 11:13 AM

Lori - Totally agree with your assessment, my friend . . if the love isn't there then what's the point. Without the love one would just be living with a friend, not one's, so called "soul-mate".  I've lived with several friends but none that I'd call a lightning strike until 43 years ago, and then there was no denial of any kind.

The above isn't to imply one doesn't "Love" the friend, but it's definitely in a different league than "the lightning strike".

At least it was for me.

j.

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
6 posted 2017-05-21 11:23 AM

Allison - Thanks for coming in a commenting my friend. I'm always happy to see you drop in.

And you have nothing to worry about in the way you write.

j.

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
7 posted 2017-05-21 02:33 PM

Hello J Great poem ~ I have to say there is heat lightening and then there is a fully charged earth moving strike ~~ Happy to hear you found your strike ~ Congrats on the 43 years!  Alana
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
8 posted 2017-05-21 02:51 PM

Pink - I'd have to say ours was of the "fully charged earth moving strike " variety because we were blind dates when I went to a training class in another city and we were married in less than 3 months . . .ahhh, well we were FULLY charged I guess, thinking about it, because there was a lot of heat associated with the Strike too!!

Thanks for being here . . .

j.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » For The Lightning To Strike

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary