navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Keeping Warm
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic Keeping Warm Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
MissMarti
Posts 87
USA

0 posted 2015-03-08 06:13 AM

Keeping Warm

Frost on the window
the winds of March kissing me good morning

coaxing me out of bed
and into my warm fleece jacket and pants,

calling me to a kitchen
of steam and a pot of Earl Grey

to my cozy chair by the window
for a view of a still frozen farmland

I indulge my old bones with a cozy Sherpa
to keep warm.

[This message has been edited by MissMarti (03-08-2015 10:20 AM).]

© Copyright 2015 MissMarti - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2015-03-08 08:40 AM

I lost you at Sherpa unless you literally meant a Himalayan guide (or a political paper pusher) to cuddle up with, in that case, I'd say its pretty darn clever. ~L
Rex Allen McCoy
Member Elite
since 2000-01-30
Posts 2863
Sippin a Timmy's in London
2 posted 2015-03-08 09:12 AM

Upon seeing frost on my window, I'd snuggle up a little closer to the wife (then get out of bed as soon as I get elbowed). Morning coffee by the window is always good.

Lori... Sherpa's a brand name of sporting gear and clothing (made by little old ladies and monks in Napal)

MissMarti
Posts 87
USA
3 posted 2015-03-08 10:19 AM

Lori and Rex,  Lol! I didn't mean to confuse you with my sherpa! It is my throw or blanket made of artificial sherpa on one side and a Microsoft fabric on the other. Lori you are right, however, the artificial sherpa is just made to look like sheep's wool that the Himalayan mountain people of Napal and Tibet wear! Even though it is not real wool, it is very warm and snugly.
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
4 posted 2015-03-08 10:47 AM

Certainly glad we go Sherpa cleared up before I got here so I didn't have to ask the question...lol.

Me and my cuppa sat in the recliner this morning watching Sunday Morning, as on most Sunday mornings, so the cold and rain was left outside untouched!

Enjoyed this...

j.

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
5 posted 2015-03-15 07:03 PM

This speaks to me right now, MissMarti, after spending a Sunday without heating (don't know yet what happened!). Covering up with warm things and putting a double cover on the bed ... Zelda my cat was so disappointed too, as it felt so cold within her chair next to the heating.

I love your poem, it is very cozy and comforting. Keep warm!

Love,
Margherita

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
6 posted 2015-03-16 12:31 PM

Nice, comforting poem.
                  Ida

MissMarti
Posts 87
USA
7 posted 2015-03-16 10:42 AM

Margaretta  and Ida, thank you both for your replies. Our winter has been just brutal and I needed to write something about keeping warm and snugly on our cold, snowy morns!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Keeping Warm

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary