navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Conceived and Born
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic Conceived and Born Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana

0 posted 2014-12-26 05:51 PM

it was then when the
mountains skipped-to-Milou'd
and rain fell upward
the moon dripped blood into space
the day I was conceived
until that fateful day I was born
I was a take no prisoners
child . . . came with wings to fly
tattered and battered wings
an outlaw straight out of the chute
and inside the ancients' determination
I'd been terrorized and trashed
had my finest hour
in a skid row hotel with Wanda
she had just finished off Bukowski
sad, yes I know, sad
she said I was better than he was
eh . . .

©December 14, 2014 / Jerry Pat Bolton

~*~ When politicians give up on liberty, it falls to poets to preserve it. Or write its epitaph. ~*~

© Copyright 2014 Jerry Pat Bolton - All Rights Reserved
Redstart
since 2014-05-16
Posts 535

1 posted 2014-12-26 05:57 PM

Sad tale of 'where do I come from'. You betcha you are better than Charlie boy. He never came up with a line like,'raining upwards'
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2014-12-26 06:02 PM

WoW! You capped off this year and zoomed into next year with this sentence . . .
quote:
You betcha you are better than Charlie boy.

I'm gonna carry that around in my hip pocket for the rest of my life Redstart. Thank you for being here.

~*~ When politicians give up on liberty, it falls to poets to preserve it. Or write its epitaph. ~*~

Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
3 posted 2014-12-28 08:18 AM

Your poems about "ancient history" are getting better and better!  I expect one of these days you'll mention meeting Moses or the day dirt was made LOL! Just kidding, my friend!
It occurs to me, that for however tragic things were for you as a child, it did make the circumstances of your birth and life remarkable.
Whereas on the other hand, there is nothing remarkable about my beginnings. (nothing to write about there) Had your circumstances been different, you may not have had so much to say.  

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
4 posted 2014-12-28 08:37 AM

When you are right you are right, Lori my friend. My birth and my checkered life has indeed be the inspiration for so many of my poems. I suppose one could say my poetry is somehow making it all work out exactly the way it should. My rehashing of my past has been the method which has given me a peace I never thought I would have.

P.S.: I haven't met Moses, but in my new novel I have been there when dirt was made into man and woman.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Conceived and Born

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary