navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Romeos Religious Revolution
Open Poetry #48
Post A Reply Post New Topic Romeos Religious Revolution Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ethern
since 2010-07-01
Posts 150
on a plane

0 posted 2012-03-08 02:32 PM

High in the heavens where the destinies of our souls are appointed from eternity, our stars have surely crossed, and folded together, and wrapped themselves round and round.
So I spiral through space at light speed in this newest revolution; bound to obey the ancient laws of gravity and motion that compel or prevent us.
As surely as I cannot fly, neither can I escape the greater powers that command me into your arms, your eyes, your smile, your kiss, your touch, your laugh.
Even to your sadness and pain I am drawn: to feel what you feel as if we are one spirit.
I am just a man with no power over space or time or destiny.
If I was an angel, or even a god, with power and authority to bend the fate of our stars to my will, I would gladly surrender my dominion to the brevity of mortality to spend a fleeting life by your side in this world of dust, and stones, and waters.
Though I may be only a puppet of celestial principalities, I would not cut the masters strings, for He has given me a sweet song to sing for you, and a lovely dance.
So play on good Piper: one and two, and to and fro.
I will sing until the music stops, and dance until the curtain closes, and I will spin through the cosmos until the end of space and time.
I am lost in you, and in you I find myself where all seems right.
I breathed my last breath into yours when I died in your embrace to be buried in your heart where I rest in peace, and resurrected like the phoenix in the fires of passion, to live forever in the fruits of our union in love.

© Copyright 2012 Derrick E. Gillum - All Rights Reserved
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
1 posted 2012-03-15 01:33 AM

Fine writing...James
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
2 posted 2012-03-15 02:54 PM

I like this one

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Romeos Religious Revolution

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary