navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » beyond reasoning's reach ( in memory of Annette)
Open Poetry #48
Post A Reply Post New Topic beyond reasoning's reach ( in memory of Annette) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
luminosity
since 2005-11-18
Posts 813

0 posted 2012-12-03 03:50 PM

beyond reasoning's reach

she floundered in the shallows
straining for gulps of air
falling and regaining her stance
of its wrong
how can you do this to me?

the people saw and said nothing
silently hoping she would make it
back to dry ground
her face filled with dread

but her tormentors laughed
picked poked and crowded her until
she was forced in over her head

the people saw and said nothing
hoping she was a strong swimmer  

once she drifted out past reasoning's reach
the battle finally stopped
her friends and relatives will attend the funeral
and wearing shrouds of shame
the people will also
though most do not deserve to honor her sacrifice
she is not here so that they can be

it was wrong
both sides knew
both sides know
but ridicule resists proximity
and proximity fears
retaliation
the pretense is fed

the people carry on  
desperation whispers that
another victim will soon be culled
from the crowd, that's how
the game is played

self preservation ducks our heads
closes our eyes
while our paycheck takes us home, we pray
we are not next
dedicated to Annette...who sadly took her life after office bullying pushed her past her limits of reasoning.  A few coworkers and I tried to help her be strong but in the light of the outcome, it seems we did far too little to help her...sigh...it is sad, so sad

[This message has been edited by luminosity (12-04-2012 10:57 AM).]

© Copyright 2012 luminosity - All Rights Reserved
Victoria
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-08-12
Posts 5869

1 posted 2012-12-04 10:57 AM

What a sad story.I cant believe people are so mean to each other.Sorry about your friend Annette Luminosity.

luminosity
since 2005-11-18
Posts 813

2 posted 2012-12-04 10:58 AM

thank you...we are hoping and praying for an investigation and a chance to speak openly without retaliation....sigh
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2012-12-04 11:17 AM

And we wonder - do our children learn from us, or did these adults just never grow up to know respect and compassion. Devastating read, my friend...how very, very sad.

luminosity
since 2005-11-18
Posts 813

4 posted 2012-12-04 11:22 AM

thank you Sunshine, we are still reeling here, it took me many edits to try to get it into words adn I do not know if I did her justice
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
5 posted 2012-12-04 11:41 AM

Sometimes, (and this is no reflection on what you've said in the above because I have no inkling of the situation, or her mental attitude)but, sometimes I think insecurity is a weakness, just like the inability to run would be to a prey animal -  a deer for instance, and one is selectively eliminated from the whole if one can't keep up.

I glean this from speaking and mingling with a number of people insecure within themselves ... a few which have actually taken the final, permanent way out.

This also doesn't mean they were lesser human beings, but whatever some want us to believe ... we, and nothing, is all created equally, and insecurity is an illness just like any other ... believe me, I know.

My heart to your friend and her family, friends...

j.

luminosity
since 2005-11-18
Posts 813

6 posted 2012-12-04 12:24 PM

j...I know what you mean, it wasn't like that, I don't think, this particular 'bully', I won't even approach on a business basis without a witness, for years we have gotten in the habit of going to her office as "2 gathered in His name'if you know what I mean.  they prey upon the weak and sick
Annette was strong, we thought, she gave no indication that she was giving up the fight, but her health was not good and a brain tumor can cause reasoning faults that she did not share with us...though from my view point a health issue as that is all the more reason NOT to pick on her but...sigh that is not how it goes does it...thank you

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
7 posted 2012-12-04 02:11 PM

while our paycheck takes us home, we pray
we are not next

What a heartbreaking situation!! So much lost and the bully will never acknowledge the part they played... but, as you've indicated, just find another target.

I think all of us want to know we mattered. I wish Annette could read this and know... she did. Whatever the rest of her legacy, through you, she now matters to many.

Excellent work, my friend.

luminosity
since 2005-11-18
Posts 813

8 posted 2012-12-04 02:23 PM

thank you lady, that helps, I needed to hear exactly what you wrote...sigh...thank you
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » beyond reasoning's reach ( in memory of Annette)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary