navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » May be last of new material?
Open Poetry #48
Post A Reply Post New Topic May be last of new material? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Abe
since 2003-05-28
Posts 694
Looks like Vero Beach, FL until the end!

0 posted 2012-08-05 12:46 PM

Sorry, this is a copy of one of my mails and finding I do'nt have the luxury or Time to be redoing stuff.  ATTN ADMIN.  Pull if you need to?
Abe

Hello All,
If anyone is interested in becoming involved in a Nationwide placing of  POW/MIA Missing Man Chair Memorial Project with a Chair and Plaque to Honor and possibly find ALL of those Remains and Prisoners who have not been accounted for and to help provide  some answers and closure to all of those Families , Love Ones, and Friends, (some of who have searched and waited decades for answers) a Fellow Named Blue Kelloway is heading this very ambitious, yet simple Project to have one of these “Remembrance Memorials”  place eventually at every sports venue and facility in the Nation.  The first being placed at the start/finish line at New Hampshire Motor Speedway and he is now working to have one placed at Gillette Stadium at the Fifty Yard Line.  Pics of NHMS Memorial are attached and representative of what will be seen and shared by the public and hopefully bring more awareness and involvement by the public at large.  Hopefully I will be bring another book and will donate LL proceeds towards funding this project.
I probably will not be around to see it but hopefully it will take on a life of its own and eventually Blues vision will come to be.  I am just so Honored that Blue has chosen my words to be included in this.  Any help, donations, and other help or assistance, and word being spread will be greatly appreciated.  Especially, by all those families who still wonder and suffer on a daily basis. As with most of these things, someone usually tries to get a piece of the piece and/or to further their own agenda.  We hope to keep this low key and keep those special interest group out of the mix.
There are so many different Veteran’s Groups, Service Orgs., and other Military outfits in the Country, if we would ALL pool our resources and work towards the Respect and Honor those who have Served our Nation Honorably we could have the most powerful lobby in the Country and be able to care for all Vets like they deserve.
Come on people, let’s all get behind this very important cause, and make it happen.
Blue has been pursuing this Dream pretty much on his own and is an amazing American, who with our help can make it happen.
If interested in making a donation to the “Cause” and receive a FREE book with each donation please let me know or contact Blue Kelloway at blue11m8@hotmail.com for more details.
I realize we are bombarded with all sorts of requests, but hoping this is one most people will feel to be an important worthwhile cause.
In either case, thank you so much for your consideration and time.
Abe – The Poor Man’s Poet

POW/MIA Missing Man Ceremony

There’s a table in the front
Raised so that it draws attention
Reserved for all those missing
Still not found or in detention.

Set for six of those missing
One each, for branches Serving
One place for lost Civilians
Whom, are felt just as deserving.

The table is shaped in the round
For the everlasting concern
As all of us, hope and pray
Someday they all, will return.

The tablecloth is bright white
To symbolize the purity
Of those, answering the call
Of their Country, doing their Duty.

The single rose, in a vase
For the lifeblood of those lost
And for those awaiting answers
A sad part of Wartime’s cost.

The vase, tied with red ribbon
A symbol of determination
To account for those still missing
In the Service of our Nation.

A slice of lemon on the bread plate
For missing/captured in a foreign land
The bitter fate of some Heroes
Who chose to make a valiant stand.

A pinch of salt for all those tears
Shed, by missing and their Families
Seeking answers to their questions
From all those faraway countries.

The Bible represents the strength
Gained through Faith, to sustain
Those missing on foreign shores
Where, far too many, still remain!

Each of their glasses are inverted
Because, they can’t share the toast
That, one day we can account for them
What we want, first and foremost.

The candle is a light of Hope
To illuminate the way back home
To the loved ones who are waiting
Across the sea to Homeland’s loam.

The chair just sits there empty
A place saved for just the one
Who has yet, to come home
And one each, for their brethren.

An Honor Guard places covers
On each empty dinner plate
For the Services and Civilian
Who have met, this terrible fate.

“Taps” is played, and “Some Gave All”
With a spotlight on their table
With a toast, for their accounting, sworn
For, as long as we all are able.

This solemn Honors Ceremony
Symbolizes they are here with us
Hoping someday, they will be back
This wish, the most, in God we trust.

This can be done for six or one
For, the meaning is the same
That all, will be returned one day
This, we pray, in Heaven’s Name.

Del “Abe” Jones

On my way
I'm on my way to dying
been headed there, for all my life  
no time now left, for crying
and, all that other strife.
Like all of us, time wasted
water's, under the bridge
all flavors, not yet tasted
gone bad, waiting in life's fridge.
So many words, unspoken
so many things, undone
some, promises, kept/broken
but, nobody, can keep, every one.
For all, there'll come this time
when, there are no more
words of sense, that rhyme
of, the knowledge, which, we store.
Del "Abe" Jones
Prognosis was 30 days, but who know????

Yeah, doing fine!  Just dying!  Am all good with it though.  Kinda neat knowing the end is coming.  A game trying to guess exactly when, though?  Signed up with Hospice here and they are the GREATEST bunch of caring and compassionate folks you could ever hope to meet.
Am staying with a friend in Vero Beach and have my own bath, private entrance, etc.  Got me an office set up in the carport outside my room with the ocean breezes so pretty nice.
Am keeping busy, trying to put one more book together while I hope I have the time.  Hospice is talking about picking up the printing costs for me so that's pretty cool.  It's going to include the last 3 I printed as part of it along with (hopefully) most of all my other work.  Should be really nice if it all works out as I plan and hope.  I think it has wings of its own right now, and will get finished whether I am around or not.  The people at Hospice seem pretty hyped about it, too so it's nice to pretty much know it will get completed.  Hell I may end up being famous after all
Am also involved with a fellow in NH who is going to try to get our "POW/MIA Chair Memorial" placed at every sports venue and complex in the Nation.  It will be similar to the one in the pics which is at the start/finish line at Loudon Race Track, (New Hampshire Motor Speedway).  Right now he' working on getting one placed at the 50 yard line at Gillette Stadium, home of the Patriots. http://www.gillettestadium.com/venue-information    How cool will that be?  He's going to sell my donated books and use proceeds to help fund the Projects.  One helluva nice Man.  A Nam Veteran, was a Navy Corpsman and is now EMT and Nurse up there.  Sure hoping I have time to meet with him but kinda doubt it.  He can't get away and I have my hands full trying to get all these loose ends tied up.  BUSY! BUSY!  I'm really psyched up about it all!!!!  Exciting!!
Thanks for your friendship and fun times over the years.  Yeah, figure I'm about 30 years past DUE as it is.  Have done a lot of things and seen a lot and had some great experiences, so really nothing to complain about.
Tell all my rowdy (and not so, too) friends I said, "HEY!!" and see them on the other side, if there is one?
Love ya,
Abe

Prognosis was 30 days a couple weeks ago, but who know????  Hopefully a few extra days will kick in.  Got lung, liver, lymph and bone cancer so far, so pretty eat up.  Loving the Morphine, though!!!!! Not hitting it very much as may need more, on down the Road.  

Hospice, Angels, in Disguise!

A Dame over in London
With the name, Cicely Saunders
Came up with the notion
To care for those, with Cancers.

She specialized in care for dying patients
Way back in, Nineteen forty-eight
A Physician! (Found Her calling)
To care for those, in Stages, “Late”

She introduced Her plan, at Yale
In the States, in Sixty-three
She lectured to other Caregivers
How, Holistic Hospice Care, should be

The Dean of Yale Nursing
Invited the Dame, to come teach there
To share, with other faculty
About the ways, of Hospice care

St. Christopher’s; created in the UK
In the year, of Sixty-seven
Hoping to change, some hell on Earth
Maybe to, a little taste, of Heaven.

With Loved ones, and Folks who care
To die with Dignity and Peace, at Home
Or, a nice Hospice House to go to
When the End Fate was, truly known!

As they say, “The rest is history!”
Helped through, that Final step  to Death
In Two thousand-four, a million counted
Were, nurtured through, until that final breath.

More than half a million Volunteers
(They’re really, Angels, in disguise!)
Giving Comfort, to those dying
When this Life faded, from those eyes.

Del “Abe” Jones

Del "Abe" Jones
Mankind's greatest accomplishment is not the revolution of technology, it is the evolution of creativity. copyright 1984

© Copyright 2012 Del - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2012-08-06 10:14 AM

Del, my thoughts and prayers are with you. If one has to go out in style, you're doing it just the right way. Bless you, Poet.

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
2 posted 2012-08-07 12:58 PM

Abe, you are going out in style and with eveything working. I love the way you are handeling this last chapter. God bless you. jo
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
3 posted 2012-08-10 01:34 PM

You're making every day count and facing this last challenge with grace... My thoughts and prayers are with you.
muted
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2004-01-15
Posts 2949
Elapsing, Eclipsing, Evolving
4 posted 2012-08-11 12:50 PM

So much here... Humble, accepting, thankful... Things others can learn from. Blessings to you in this life and the next.
Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
5 posted 2012-08-14 09:35 PM

Ah Abe, how I have enjoyed your writings..
and especially receiving them via email.
Blessings to you Sir...and no doubt we will meet again, on the other side.
God Bless.
Heart Hugs~Nancy

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
6 posted 2012-08-17 10:06 PM

Hi ya Abe,  know exactly what you're going thru, I'm in the same sinking boat but don't give up, it's the third time they've told me it's over....but here I am, pestering people again...been on death row with docs so many times it's like watching reruns of Married with Children...just laugh and hope for the best...take care bud, and will hope for the best for ya....
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » May be last of new material?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary