navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » iris
Open Poetry #48
Post A Reply Post New Topic iris Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada

0 posted 2012-05-25 11:21 PM

I don't know how to be better. to be on the way, good enough, or even perfect. I don't know what you want from me, because what I thought I was doing right or what I thought I was doing to keep you around obviously didn't work. I didn't know it at the time but you were off finding a better me, someone who matched up to you in your eyes and soul. a warning would've been nice, to let me know you were throwing me off the deep end from behind. I was enjoying the view for so long and I thought you were too, but this gave a whole new meaning to the term "backstabbing". I went off that cliff long and hard and as I stumbled down to the bottom I scrapped my exterior more and more, eventually all that was left was my raw flesh. once I got the courage to open my eyes again all that spilled was tears. tears of sadness, tears of pain, and tears of anger. six years of secrets and memorable moments came crashing down that cliff as my body fell, and they drifted away as the dust settled. rain washed over me that night and took my tears away, they flowed and piled up and once again they spilled. nothing will ever be enough, I don't know how to be better. I might as well just stop trying, because I owe you nothing.

when asked the question "What's harder: losing your family or losing your friends..?" I still have no answer. I broke up my family, and somehow managed to rid of all my friends I was ever close to. I think the hardest part of all that was how I lost them all within two months.

I'm trying to get used to stress, so far it's not working out too well.

julianna

"Many of the most significant moments in our lives come not because it all went right, but because it all fell apart." - Rob Bell

© Copyright 2012 Julianna - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2012-05-26 06:11 AM

The world is not over. You may not be able to see that clearly just now, but truthfully, it is better this happened now than latter on after you'd invested much more into a man who obliviously doesn't think much of you.

~*~ Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.--Aristotle ~*~

Startime1955
since 2012-04-22
Posts 1072
Alberta, Canada
2 posted 2012-05-27 10:35 AM

I agree with JerryPat2...been there and believe me someday you will be glad it is over...the ongoing pain will lessen with time...*HUGS*

*may our dreams ever be magical*

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
3 posted 2012-05-27 02:15 PM

Like Karen and Jerry mention, someday you'll be so happy it didn't continue.
We all have to go through trials and tribulations in our life but with the right attitude it always makes us stronger.
I know that sounds very cliche but it's true.

Eric

true love never looks after it's own interests

voice2bheard
since 2007-10-19
Posts 591
New York
4 posted 2012-05-27 08:29 PM

Well I can definetly relate to this! Although I would suggest spacing your poetry in lines so it coud be read beetter but over all I understand! I too have been ther and even sometimes at 22 still find myself back there as well!

Kate_Mcfee (Lily's Mom)

Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada
5 posted 2012-05-29 10:57 PM

thank you everyone, though this is not about a man. somehow, I think it'd be easier to deal with if it was.

within the last two months I broke apart my family and all of my friends abandoned me without telling me why. this has not been easy, but it will only prepare me for other struggles in the future.

julianna

"Many of the most significant moments in our lives come not because it all went right, but because it all fell apart." - Rob Bell

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » iris

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary