navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » memory
Open Poetry #46
Post A Reply Post New Topic memory Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest

0 posted 2010-04-05 11:28 PM

I hold the memory of your face in my hands
turn it so you can see
the once ago me

I was a hard loving
hard lying woman
when I felt you  
but I have learned

I no longer love hard    
I still lie
hard

I turn the memory of your face  
force your eyes as I always wanted them

I want you to see
my new silence
I want you to see
where I have left myself beside the road

I want your eyes to burn
hot as star chambers
struggle to turn
to unsee    

I want you to hurt
and
though you do not believe in God

I want you to pray for me

© Copyright 2010 Kate - All Rights Reserved
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
1 posted 2010-04-06 03:37 AM

Whew!  I am reeling under the punch of the power of your poem!  I am glad I am not the subject of it!  Just for the record, I promise I will never knowingly do anything to cross you!  Kate you will always win – partly because of the power of your words and yourself, partly because of the paradoxical gentleness of your words and yourself, but mostly because good always wins over evil.  

You are a wordsmith par excellence – how magnificently you open up your vulnerability and aim that powerful gentle punch simultaneously!  You remind me of what the law sometimes is, and always should be - right and powerful, but gentle.

I am always in awe of your poetry, every single poem of which is beautiful and vibrant with its cliché-free originality.

Owl

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
2 posted 2010-04-06 01:13 PM

Dear Kate, I have read this three times and there is a crescendo of emotion emanating from it. Very powerful poem, impossible to remain indifferent! I think you will get the prayers.

Love and hugs, dear Poetess.
Margherita

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
3 posted 2010-04-06 02:00 PM

ah Kate, nice to see you here, thanks for the picture of you

and i must agree with these two ladies here above

fantastic piece!!

steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

4 posted 2010-04-06 02:13 PM

As others, I've read this over and over and over...and I still found myself gasping at the ending...well done...exceptional...
Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
5 posted 2010-04-06 02:21 PM

Dear Kate,  Indeed a most powerful poem!  I've come to know that some people will never see and certainly not ever think enough of another to even think about praying for them. Perhaps it's nothing personal but just the way they are. Generally though it's perhaps better to just distance ourselves either physically and/or emotionally.

Helen

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

6 posted 2010-04-08 07:21 PM

This poem is quite painful, it is painful to read the words here, you are somebody made to write of beauty and graceful pleasures, but here you show your strong side and it has guts, if i may use such a word to describe it. Reading them they seem cathartic and a welcome release and closure to you too...enjoyed reading...hope to read of more days of beauty and grace from you too, take care...and thank you for this poem..

Goldenrose.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu 6th century BC.

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
7 posted 2010-04-09 01:18 AM

Discontent, not happiness, is the food of youth and poetry. ~ Nan Fairbrother

Diana, Margherita,

Dixie, Steaven, Helen, Goldenrose... thank you all so much for your kind words. I have not been able to write much lately not because I am unhappy… quite the opposite. I am too happy. I think Goldenrose is right and I need to concentrate on poems of beauty and grace. You all inspire me. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
8 posted 2010-04-09 06:35 PM

Nice...James
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
9 posted 2010-04-09 06:39 PM

Well, Kate, I can sacrifice reading some of your poetry if it is because you are too happy!  However, although happy poetry is more difficult to write, perhaps a happy poem now and then will keep all your Pipster fans happy too!  

Owl

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
10 posted 2010-04-11 01:53 AM

thank you James!

Diana, I am going to try!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » memory

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary