navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Golden Hour
Open Poetry #46
Post A Reply Post New Topic Golden Hour Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DrK&7
since 2009-07-01
Posts 40

0 posted 2010-03-06 07:22 PM

I was bogged down from bad, and felt
so near of impending doom, that I hit my highest point, and eviscerated my own gloom.

Ironic you think, that at my worst I blossomed to my best, but I would say believe, for my upturn was a sudden success.

My life is an elegiac tale, twisted in hate and bitter despair, but there was love, a little, and maybe there's more, somewhere.

For I am a child of time and toil, I am born under a burning sun, and I will be buried beneath cool earth. I firmly affirm I do not believe in miracle, but for I myself am one.

On sweet spring day, not long ago, my streak of shine was near, I did not feel pain or lone; it was my potential I grew to fear.

I was sick of the bottom, the laughing stock of the pack. That I decided it was no one's time but mine, so I looked forward, and never looked back.

And I saw potential of a monster, to be great beyond what was measured. A possibility for a legend, a child, a life, to be treasured.

And with my key I turned my lock, and let my beast lash free. And my potential was released, and there now was perfect me.

So who was there to pity to me? No one, no one I say. For was pitiless was me, and I was splendor, and my fighting spirit did not render.

So at last, In a fit of pure rage and glory, and like the majesty of a flower, I let myself be free, and I lived my golden hour.

© Copyright 2010 DrK&7 - All Rights Reserved
DrK&7
since 2009-07-01
Posts 40

1 posted 2010-03-06 07:36 PM

Thanks for reading my work.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Golden Hour

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary