navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Midnitesun Escape
Open Poetry #46
Post A Reply Post New Topic Midnitesun Escape Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dadygoose
since 2010-01-01
Posts 162
A Communist country

0 posted 2010-02-11 09:15 AM

Midnitesun has escaped the great storm
And was not cold,
For she lies securely
In the arms of her beloved Gaia.

© Copyright 2010 Jaime Fradera - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2010-02-11 05:08 PM

Well, I care.

This is about as beautiful a tribute as I have seen for anyone, anywhere.

Oh lovie, it's so true.

Her blood is our rivers, the dips and dives of her body are our mountains and valleys. Take heart, dear one.

Methinks Gaia needed her more than we...and that is saying so much more than something!

You are lovely.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2010-02-11 07:26 PM

Just a beautiful tribute and so true.  She was a driving force in my life I can tell you truly, and I learned to love everything around me from her simplistic look at each small thing she cherished.  I haven't been able to bring myself to put my feelings into words but thank goodness I did get to tell her before she passed.  

Beautiful job for a spiritual being, now part of everything I see, and hear.

Dadygoose
since 2010-01-01
Posts 162
A Communist country
3 posted 2010-02-11 08:08 PM

Aaaaaah Sweet serenity …
What you wrote was even more beautiful and brought tears to my eyes … again.
Actually, I just rather dashed it off without thinking much about it, just came to me spontaneously.
Ain’t it wonderful How Midnitesun continues and continues to inspire?
I have been off Pip for a long time and been kind of out of touch lately and have only been on for a few weeks.
BTW, I HEARD about that wild, orgiastic Celebration you had over there.
Anyway … Sends all the love I can give you, Compassionate Karen!
And I really mean that
J

Hey, nobody's human!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2010-02-11 09:14 PM

Jaime,

you've done midnitesun the best
of all tributes...

God, and Gaia, bless you.

Dadygoose
since 2010-01-01
Posts 162
A Communist country
5 posted 2010-02-11 09:21 PM

Yes, mysterious one.  And well I remember how Midnitesun left Sara with you as she made her way to Colorado, and how you used to send me medi files, which unfortunately I can not normally because I have lost the ability to discern pitch.  You sent me one called Tears of the Seventh Moon.  One had a voice imbedded in the music but I couldn’t make out was being said … Perhaps it was your voice …
Are there downloads that having things like the sound of crashing surf without music or human made sounds?
I’m still rather inept at “downloading” audio on the Internet and just listen to Windows Media Player live streams.
I clicked on a live cam on a Florida beach, and although I heard some beach sounds there was also the sound of passing traffic.  Grrrrrrrf!  I can go downstairs and hear traffic passing outside.  Midnitesun came to my house and showed me some natural sounds but I have never really learned how to find such things myself … We had to disable the speech program and she did the procedure visually.
Midnitesun is still such an intimate part of my life, but lately I had not wanted to bug her with emails because I knew that she was ill.
Anyway … thank you.
BTW, my pip email won’t work but it is for some arcane reason the details of which go right past me, but I can go online to read the responsis.
Sea ya …

J

Hey, nobody's human!

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
6 posted 2010-02-15 03:33 AM

You are so right, Jaime.  She is.  I am glad that I didn't miss this one.

xoxox
Alison

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
7 posted 2010-02-15 10:23 AM

sweet
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
8 posted 2010-02-15 07:36 PM

"she lies securely
In the arms of her beloved Gaia."

She does indeed, and always did.  And, in the hearts of the many poets here who knew and loved her.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Midnitesun Escape

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary