navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Friendly Fire
Open Poetry #46
Post A Reply Post New Topic Friendly Fire Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2010-07-04 07:18 PM

Far from forgetting

I do try...

Most dangerous when I succeed
until a button I suppressed
appears as though I took a hit
and the bullet in me, stayed
to stray to do some mission in
beyond and underneath my skin
the pathways of corpuscling--

I fear

the helpful aid of circumstance
as if my past was naught but lint:

Let me help take care of this

They "fix" me, as they pull the pin--

"I told you what I was..."

chagrin

"Sometimes you deal the dead man in--"

Boom

sometimes he wins.

© Copyright 2010 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

1 posted 2010-07-06 01:06 PM

well versed ma'am... well intentioned to fix can oft indeed pull the pin..

enjoyed

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2010-07-06 02:48 PM

Ah,one brave soul.

My dog Anna, passed away earlier this year, she was bred for fighting and was an especially nervous doggie, as many rescue dogs are inclined to be, but?

Once I gave her the okay, she was usually fine with people as long as no one made any sudden motions toward me.

Oh. And I had to caution people to avoid trying to be friendly over the fence.

I understood her boundaries more than I understood my own.

Such scarred beings can be dangerous, yes, but if one can earn their loyalty? You've got a platoon of protection.

Thanks for reading.

Dark Stranger
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-19
Posts 13631
West Coast
3 posted 2010-07-06 03:19 PM

I have a Beware of God sign on my gate..people hear the dogs barking and think I was/am lexicdys..the dogs think of me as their god...the sign means if you mess with the dogs, their god will shoot you dead, right there, no discussion.  I bet you wonder why I told you this right?
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2010-07-06 04:20 PM

I have decided that after long last, I do not have people all figured out. And I'm hoping others will grant me the same courtesy.

But I wish you would tell me your reasoning, as since you said that, I have disturbing visuals of a scene from The Great Santini.

sigh...it isn't easy being a human search engine.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2010-07-06 06:10 PM

Oh. Was that a rhetorical question?

(And is asking if something is a rhetorical question a rhetorical question if the goal is deliberate ambiguity?)

Guess I'll die wonderin'...

Thanks for "the eyes," dawlin'.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
6 posted 2010-07-07 07:12 AM

You have such  a creative mind...and since I live in and have been in a protective, naive type environment most of my life (except for life's inevitabilities) I usually have to wait for some responses to better understand you.

As with each read, I find you simply complex and rather enjoyable. I hope you are surviving well there and if you are in need or anyone you know needs anything material that I may be ridding myself of, send me an email. Yard sales are not much fun for me and I surely would rather "thngs" go to someone in need.

M  

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
7 posted 2010-07-10 03:35 PM

Karen, I think the reason DS told you that, was to tell you that he loves his dogs too.

As I mentioned to you in an email some time after my precious Daisy dog died on 18/12/2009, I am so very sorry about Anna.  I know the ache only too well.  

Hugs
Owl

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2010-07-10 04:03 PM

aw, ((((((((((((((Diana)))))))))))) and <3mo<3.

This is more about me than it is about Annie.

Thanks for reading, lovie.

And oh, about those yard sales, before it started raining every day, we were having a lot of fun with craigslist "curb alerts". I suspect that even if I had more money than Oprah, I'd still get a kick out of the hunt for the bargain.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Friendly Fire

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary