navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Some Aeronautical Advice to my Younger Self ( or...You Will Believe a Moose Can Fly)
Open Poetry #46
Post A Reply Post New Topic Some Aeronautical Advice to my Younger Self ( or...You Will Believe a Moose Can Fly) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA

0 posted 2010-06-23 02:19 PM

You ain't no super hero slick, do not dive headfirst onto bricks!
(Only five feet right straight down, head wounds bleed like hell I've found, for one brief second I could fly, well worth the scar above my eye.)

Hands greased with frosting from a cake do not a trapeze artist make!
(For fourteen feet I was aloft, the impact, anything but soft, to swing like Tarzan through the trees, one broken humerous if you please!)

You should unplug an amplifier prior to messing with its' wires!
(Eight feet through the air I flew in an arc when that thing blew, a flash, a pop, then coming to, in retrospect not smart to do.)

Though you may have the right of way the larger object rules the day!
(Marked twenty-eight feet from me to shoes, and six weeks to recover too! Where she came from I have no clue, back then we didn't know how to sue!)

Mix alcohol and snowmobiles to make for one painful ordeal!
(My one attempt at backward flight, not much distance or much height, a third of a kneecap is better than none, up to that point it was fun.)

All wheelie riding on a bike should be saved for younger tykes!
(A three foot distance from the ground will cause you to make "Owwie" sounds, concrete sidewalks, softer grass, no doubt where I set my a**)

To demonstrate your first slam dunk don't wait until you're quite that drunk!
(A shoulder plant from eight feet up's not good for your rotator cup, NBA star? No way, I ain't, and broken bones can make you faint.)

And so my history of flight became the subject of this write.
Up to this point there, younger guy, I have no doubt that we can fly.

© Copyright 2010 William E.Kleist - All Rights Reserved
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

1 posted 2010-06-23 03:26 PM

now, had to chuckle at this...and then "ache" as I remembered my own attempts at flight..

well done...

Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
2 posted 2010-06-23 03:42 PM

CPat,
Thanks, I'm glad you got a chuckle, I guess the trick is to live through it all so you can laugh about it later.
Doc

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
3 posted 2010-06-23 04:08 PM

... and this is why Moose are grounded!

A

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
4 posted 2010-06-23 04:15 PM

Well, obviously you're too young to know what Purple Haze was. I could do all of those things.........then
bel1e
since 2006-07-24
Posts 1631

5 posted 2010-06-23 05:26 PM

~enjoyed this~~

Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
6 posted 2010-06-23 05:33 PM

Alison, lol actually my flying skills are pretty good, it's the landings that need a little work.
Doc

Toe, nope, I remember that Hendrix song pretty well ( among other things, but I'd rather not go into detail. ) Suffice it to say the world was a very interesting place
in the late sixties/early seventies.
Doc

Bel1e,
Glad you liked.
Doc

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Some Aeronautical Advice to my Younger Self ( or...You Will Believe a Moose Can Fly)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary