navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Hoping all will watch. VERY Proud!
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hoping all will watch. VERY Proud! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Abe
since 2003-05-28
Posts 694
Looks like Vero Beach, FL until the end!

0 posted 2011-07-12 09:37 PM

I know I'm bending the rules and hope ya'all will forgive me?

Alright Abe Here we go just got contacted and was asked to read your poem on the plaque at the race....what a honor!!!!!!!This will be on national TV. I will read your poem to millions.

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 20:26:10 -0400
You inspired me to write that last one.  Was hoping you would take it as a Tribute to you for your work on this project.  Your comments are what gave me the inspiration.
Sent it to a VFW in Albany, OR and am including correspondence from them.  They use a lot of my stuff.
Thanks!
Abe

Hi Abe,

Love the poem "The Empty Chair" and hopefully with your permission will print it under the Chaplain's header in September (in the VFW newsletter The Outpost) just in time for the POW/MIA Recognition Day of September 17. And what a fantastic tribute to you to be honored along with our POW/MIA's at this speedway.  With the poem I can mention that it was written for this particular dedication.  And I would like to print it in a nice font on nice paper and put it in a frame and put it on the wall behind our POW/MIA table in the Post. Again that is up to you since it was written for someone else.  Thanks for sending the picture of what the plaque on the Empty Chair Memorial will look like.

Now on to the serious stuff - I'm reading your mail - how about those tests you were having done and how are you feeling? Hope that all is well and I still know how to pray, so will keep you in my prayers.

Take care and God Bless.

Jackie

Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:11 PM
To: albanyjackie@comcast.net
Subject: Chair

Jackie,
My POW/MIA poem (Attaching a rough idea of what it will look like) will be inscribed on the plaque on the Empty Chair Memorial to be dedicated Sunday at Loudon.  Kinda proud of that!
Abe

Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:23 PM
To: abeabe692@gmail.com
Subject: RE: POW/MIA Empty Chair

Hi Abe, I wish I was able to put into words the way that you do. Its like you reached in and pulled it from with in me How I wish I coiuld express the way you do.

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:08:43 -0400

One of my pieces will be inscribed on the "Empty Chair Memorial" to be dedicated Sunday at New Hampshire Speedway. Kinda proud, of that!

The Empty Chair

Each and every venue
Should have an “Empty Chair”
To remind, all of us
And, to tell them, “We care!”

Not too much, to give
To those who, “gave their all”
Just a Tribute to them
Our cost, would be so, small!

For those missing and recovered
And for those, we still don’t know
Whose remains. may still come home
Or, where those still captive, go.

All of our sports “heroes?”
Who make millions on their back
Should shell out a little bit
To try, to get them back!

Thousands fate, are still unknown
And those Heroes didn’t know
How quick, they’d be forgotten
And the numbers, who don’t know.

“Leave no one behind”
Is tossed around too much
Especially by those people
Who, don’t really care that much.

We live in our Freedom
Because of those, we soon forget
Except, for a few of us
Who’ve not forgotten, YET!

Del “Abe” Jones

A Poet

A poet knows not day or night
And not always wrong from right
But without the poet’s written word
Think of all we mightn’t heard.

Del "Abe" Jones

“Mankind's greatest accomplishment
is not the revolution of technology,
it is the evolution of creativity.”
© 1984 Del “Abe” Jones

More poetry here  http://iwvpa.net/jonesd/index.php and here http://www.scribd.com/documents  You can read my latest book, "Of Native American" here http://www.bookrix.com/showbooks.html?showbookonly=del.abe.jones_1265223173.3 449680805&mrsph=book

Del "Abe" Jones
Mankind's greatest accomplishment is not the revolution of technology, it is the evolution of creativity. copyright 1984

More poet

© Copyright 2011 Del - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2011-07-12 10:16 PM

"One of my pieces will be inscribed on the "Empty Chair Memorial" to be dedicated Sunday at New Hampshire Speedway. Kinda proud, of that!" . . .

As well you should be proud. Beautiful poem.

~ Employ teenagers while they know everything. ~

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2011-07-12 11:20 PM

Abe, if we ever had to bend a rule, and I'm not sure if we should, but Ron is the Man behind the Plan; but if we should, then it might probably be dedicated to a whole new forum....

but right now, since there's a poem in the mix of it all, I think you might stand proud and tall and be appreciative of all you have received, there, and here, then and now.

Kudos, Abe. It's time you started reading again, to get some new insight among your peers; you'll never know until you do where it might lead your new poetry.

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
3 posted 2011-07-13 04:39 PM

I am happy for you that your beautiful, poignant poem is appreciated the way it deserves, dear Abe.

Love,
Margherita

Abe
since 2003-05-28
Posts 694
Looks like Vero Beach, FL until the end!
4 posted 2011-07-13 08:10 PM

Been trying to get through "Moby Dick" for 40 years.  Never had enough patience!  
But, I know there are some GREAT poets on this site and really appreciate y'all putting up with me.
If I am not able to do it when I die, I'll be writing in my mind.  The poetry has saved my life!
Thanks ALL!
Abe

Del "Abe" Jones
Mankind's greatest accomplishment is not the revolution of technology, it is the evolution of creativity. copyright 1984

More poet

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Hoping all will watch. VERY Proud!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary