navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » In dedication to you, the never present father
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic In dedication to you, the never present father Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
KeyLimeSorbet
since 2008-03-05
Posts 74
Colorado

0 posted 2009-07-18 12:23 PM

You're right, as always.
This place should be a bed of roses in comparison,
but I was blind to the thorns before I laid within.
You're so Proud?
And this is how you shouw it:
By never being wrong,
By forcing me to pray that I won't have to sleep when it rains.
By making me beg with silence so that I can try to grace myself one day of distractions.

I am, to you, a half empty glass overflowing with inadequecy, and every drop falling from my face becomes a stain on the table.
Don't worry, I'll wipe it up before anyone outside these boundries can see the family that is damaged.
The family you have completely Broken.
All they will see is the picture where everyone smiles, but if I wasn't so afraid, I would have been crying.

© Copyright 2009 Rachelle Sparks - All Rights Reserved
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
1 posted 2009-07-18 08:37 AM

You know I love your name! Whenever I see your name I get a cool taste of sweetness.

You have a very difficult family situation to overcome. However, I truly believe that by facing, understanding, and over-coming the obstacle we are presented with in life, we grow in strength and wisdom. You are stronger and wiser than your father may believe. Be who you are and know that you have a wholelotta livin' yet to do! Someday, all this angst and turmoil will be behind you and you can get on with living your own life!

Wrapping my arms around you with love and understanding,

EA

GBride
since 2009-07-02
Posts 538

2 posted 2009-07-18 09:21 AM

Sounds like you have had a bad time! I'm glad you can get it out on paper. Just the talent that you have shown in this poem shows that you have great worth. I salute you! You will go far in life!
angellea
since 2009-03-29
Posts 144
NC, USA
3 posted 2009-07-18 09:32 AM

i hope you find healing in your writing. it has certainly helped me.

take care,

maranda

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
4 posted 2009-07-18 12:35 PM

I understand these emotions all too well...

and? You are better than him, and you know, I can say that....and you know, I mean it.

don't let his baggage, his garbage, stop you from living your life.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » In dedication to you, the never present father

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary