navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » A Wanton Kiss
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Wanton Kiss Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart

0 posted 2009-07-17 12:19 PM

Madly, deeply, endlessly,
devotedly, heart and soul,
I love you,

Kiss the breath out me,
passionately, lovingly,
squeeze my heart,

My body trembles,
your love pulsates,
throughout my being,

Grab me, pull me,
close, tight,
stare deep into my eyes,

Feel all of my love,
rolled into one,
one kiss to last a lifetime,

Kiss me before I explode!

I dream in fantasy, because reality is scary~Millette (ARH)

[This message has been edited by A Romantic Heart (07-18-2009 11:01 AM).]

© Copyright 2009 Millette A. (Lester) Addison - All Rights Reserved
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
1 posted 2009-07-17 12:32 PM

Gosh, Suncleaver better read this one! ~ and FAST! lol

EA

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
2 posted 2009-07-17 12:44 PM

Yes EA it is like a ticking bomb lol!

you know what I mean..lol!

~ARH

OldPoet
since 2009-06-30
Posts 112
The Left Coast
3 posted 2009-07-17 02:14 AM

Another hit! And the photo is just so damn perfect! Of course, what do I know about that?

"And every time I've held a rose
It seems I only felt the thorns,
And so it goes" - Billy Joel

moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

4 posted 2009-07-17 09:46 AM

Very passionate.

[This message has been edited by moonbeam (07-18-2009 02:03 PM).]

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
5 posted 2009-07-17 03:47 PM

Number two...Playful..frolicsome ....

and probably back in the days of the picture, it would have been immoral or lewd to kiss in public like the picture shows...

or maybe I have Chinese ancestors and maybe the word wonton is something cute or sweet, a nickname of a kiss shared between two people who have an inside joke about it....

Thanks for the English lesson, but being the well educated person I am, I was well aware of the Websters definitions.

Or maybe your reply
was from confusion, as to which form or definition of the word I was choosing? or curious to my choice of title, I think the above explanation has somehow answered that question for you.

Thanks for your reply...of "Very Passionate"

~ARH

moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

6 posted 2009-07-17 04:36 PM

quote:
Thanks for the English lesson, but being the well educated person I am, I was well aware of the Websters definitions.

Or maybe your reply
was from confusion, as to which form or definition of the word I was choosing?

I wasn't trying to give you an "English lesson", your critique flag is set to "yes" and I thought you might like to know of the error in the Title and the connotations associated with the word.

sim0riah
since 2004-09-07
Posts 253
Wyoming USA
7 posted 2009-07-17 04:38 PM

Awe ARH

Very nice again. I love the passion you have not only for writing but for romance and love. There is nothing like it!

Rich

Suncleaver
since 2009-01-18
Posts 481
Stafford England
8 posted 2009-07-18 09:51 AM

I loved this tender poem from my lover.

Although I believe that the spelling correction was unnecessarily jagged.

My correction flag is set to yes, and once I wrote a dark poem whilst so drunk that I neglected to insert commas.

No one seemed to care.

Thank you, Millette.

I love you.

moonbeam
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

9 posted 2009-07-18 02:08 PM

quote:
Although I believe that the spelling correction was unnecessarily jagged.

And I believe that comment constitutes a criticism of the poster which is against PiP rules.

I'm sorry that you think my constructive attempt to help your lover was "unnecessarily jagged".  All I did was post the correct word, and then copy a section from the free online dictionary to allow her to see the various meanings of the word.  

Poetry is at least partly about accurate use of language, if you react so vehemently to someone trying to help you if you make an error then I can only assume that you aren't really interested in writing well.  And if that's unnecessarily jagged too then I'm sorry, but I'm feeling just a little unnecessarily criticised.

Anyway, to hopefully make you happier I've deleted my jagged comment, and I shall ensure in future that I offer only platitudes.

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
10 posted 2009-07-18 07:50 PM

(explanation of my reaction)because I am a person of love, unity and substance, and understanding...not disharmony ....

critique flag...mine is now set to "NO"....

I would appreciate email critique...as I have in the past,(Thank You sweet mods and poet friends who have done this in the past) but you don't just come in and post to someones poem ,(I have went through this before) especially if you are not a regular posting to their poems, or never have posted anything good to their poems ,It is like, walking up a street, stopping a stranger and saying...hey your teeth are crooked, you need to straighten them....(Even if your intentions are good, and I assume yours were, Moonbeam)

I wouldn't do that to a stranger, and honestly this is the first time I have seen you posting to any of my poems, so one, it is like a shock value, two it is like who is this person? I haven't seen them post to my poems before, but yet when they do, they want to come in and tell me how to write, feel, express myself, etc. I know "proper English" has its place, but I would rather write a poem filled with passion and emotion, than a 1, 2, meter, perfection, whatever!
That is why I have stayed at PIP, the world is harsh enough, and I wouldn't walk up to "Renoir" or any other famous painter, singer, songwriter or artist and tell them, hey, you did this wrong, art is feeling, emotion, expression, and I am not interested in following the crowd, but being an individual, the last time I checked, in America you still have your freedom of speech, your "opinion" and the above statement for me is just so..."My thoughts, my opinion".
I know for a fact , that this is why alot of members who have joined, have left here, poets hearts are tender anyway, and if they have been hurt by other sites, and come here for that "Family" setting , we need to treat them so, with gentleness, and care, and some are confused, with the critique box, they think if they click no critiques, it means no replies which isn't so. So it becomes, misunderstanding,  I am one of the poets that has been here since the PIP website started.
Yes I could apply and become a "Moderator" but it is for this reason I choose not to, some poets post out of trauma, as therapy , hurt, just to express this, and get it out, now lets say someone who had been raped, comes and joins, and they post a poem, trying to get it out of their system, they aren't worried about crossing t's dotting i's
but the critique people have it in them to just come in and jump and tell them what is wrong with their poem, now I am not saying this is wrong, there is a proper time and a place to do this, and not to scorn in public, on display, making the poet feel bad, even worse, and projecting yourself as mightier than thou.This poet, learning, or feeling, etc. now you have made them feel even more low, stupid, etc....because poets are sensitive and it takes alot of braveness to post here and put your heart out there.
This statement is not directed to you "Moonbeam"...but just a general statement of thoughts and feelings and experience at being here at PIP for the years I have and what I personally have encountered and have heard and witnessed, and if we want to make PIP a better loving place, this is just some thoughts of understanding how to do so.

I am not trying to criticize or argue, but simply express my side of it, and being a voice for others who have felt the same, words are more harmful than weapons of mass destruction. That is why we must choose wisely even more so when it comes to other poets, we "are" family and we should love one another as poets instead of jealousies, or anything else, and critique can be love, if done in proper ways, kind ways. Me personally, that is why I stay out of the "critique forum" and I don't post there, If I wanted my poems "critiqued" I would ask for it there in that forum, I felt open is free, freedom to express without judgement,
my heart has been through many things, personal and it is very , very sensitive to the words of others, so my heart isn't ready for the critique forum, but one day, when I am ready to do poems in english properly, but I feel if I focus on the properness, it will take away from the feeling, passion, etc.

I think emailing critique to poets is better than posting it underneath their poetry...I know if my friend had broccoli stuck in her teeth, and we were on national tv, (PIP is seen and read internationally) I wouldn't come out and say hey "You've got broccoli in your teeth in front of everyone"...no I would whisper to her, or take her to the bathroom and tell her, you know why? because I love her, and care for her...and me doing that in public is more embarrassing and hurtful to her than the broccoli ever could be.

One thing I have been blessed with is being sensitive to others feelings etc. and giving love, understanding, that is why I try my best to reply to others poems that encourage and inspire, more good comes from lifting people up, carrying their burdens, than tearing them down. Sometimes I have a witty sarcastic sense of humor which may come across wrong, but my intentions, are never to hurt or harm anyone. I know how hurt feels, and I for one would not inflict this on anyone else.

So thanks, "Moonbeam" for trying to help me become a better poet....sometimes I post really late at night and I am half asleep, sometimes my keys get stuck on this laptop, and what words I thought I spelled correctly isn't.

Thanks to all the mods who take their time here to monitor and police these pages, I know it is a hard and sensitive task.

Love and hugs to all...

(This will be my last post on this subject)

~Hugs~~Peace~
~ARH

moonbeam
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

11 posted 2009-07-19 06:34 AM

Hi ARH.  Thanks for your explanation.  I very much appreciate that you have put so much effort into explaining your feelings.  I also have been here a long time, only a couple of months less than you in fact, and I suppose I should know better than to correct spelling errors in Open   .  I guess the demise of CA leaves me needy sometimes, lol, and the error right there in the title attracted me like a bee to honey, or perhaps a wasp to jam!  Plus "wanton" is one of my favourite words with a nice slutty kind of sound, and oh so many nuances of meaning, so I couldn't resist setting them all out there.   I take your point about strange new posts from unfamiliar people, again, my bad I suspect - I tend to focus on the poem to the exclusion of all consideration of the poet's feelings.  I'm working on it, Ron would say I should work on it faster!  

Thanks again for coming back on this.  

Rob

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » A Wanton Kiss

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary