navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Inch High Letters
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic Inch High Letters Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Yoinn
since 2007-08-16
Posts 649
Michigan

0 posted 2009-06-19 09:07 PM

Inch High Letters

You fought the plain brown wrapper of truth
wanting more, having to have something enormous
to fill your void,
Some fanatic grandiose emotion between us.

And on this flat screen world,
In this fake, pretend, electronic life
of inch high letters,
lonely people sigh and
liars craft emotional lies.

"Love"
found with a mouse and keyboard,
I think not.
I think never
sully the word
that way.

Yoin

© Copyright 2009 Tim W. - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2009-06-19 09:21 PM

Yoinn...

I think

you're

right.

Yoinn
since 2007-08-16
Posts 649
Michigan
2 posted 2009-06-20 11:50 AM

Thank you Sunshine for you reply. The internet is a wonderful thing. The ability to access all the wealth of knowledge from all over the world with nothing but a few key strokes is nothing short of amazing to me. I have no doubt that deep and lasting friendships can be made between people on the internet, But love.... im not so sure.
    So much of who we are and how we feel towards others is revealed only by being in close contact. I whistle alot when im working in the yard or just sitting looking out the window thinking. I never realized this was part of me, never told people about it. Until one day my daughter said something about it to me. Something like "dad why do you whistle so much". When i was little I was afraid of my Dad. He worked long hours and had 8 children to support. He was a gruff man to be certain. Once when mom was in the hosptial fighting cancer, I woke up earlier than usual to get ready for school. My dad was still there getting ready to leave for work. He's lunch box was open when i walked by and I saw a picture of my mother taped to the inside. I think at that moment i started to see my dad different than I ever had before that.
   My rather longwinded point of all this is, in my view you need to hold someone, to touch them or at least see how they push air around with their body before you say the word "Love"

Yoin
( hey after reading this in preview mode I think i might make this into a prose piece ! )

brneyedgrly
since 2009-06-08
Posts 1125
nowhere and everywhere
3 posted 2009-06-21 09:55 AM

My rather longwinded point of all this is, in my view you need to hold someone, to touch them or at least see how they push air around with their body before you say the word "Love"

~yo...

this really made me think....thanks

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
4 posted 2009-06-21 10:21 AM

I enjoyed this perspective...and mostly agree with the thoughts here.  The emotion, however, is something mystical...and to think we are at all in control of it...
Even through the airwaves, there is destiny.

Yoinn
since 2007-08-16
Posts 649
Michigan
5 posted 2009-06-21 11:12 AM

Well said TD. The intangable pathways that our emotions follow often seem to have some mystical helmsman.

thanks for the thoughts

Yoin

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
6 posted 2009-06-23 01:35 AM

Interesting poem, Yoin.  I am sure won't agree - but it is thought provoking.

Alison

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Inch High Letters

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary