navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » The Flora and the Fauna (Pantoum)
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Flora and the Fauna (Pantoum) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California

0 posted 2009-10-07 04:01 AM

The Flora and the Fauna
(Pantoum)

I marveled at the blending of the flora and the fauna,
the fresh green scent of laurel wood
and passion of Nirvana
still lingering where I stood.

The fresh green scent of laurel wood
drifting from the bays
still lingering where I stood
brought a moment of deep haze.

Drifting from the bays,
the breath of hope that followed
bought a moment of deep haze
into my hollows that were hallowed.

The breath of hope that followed
after God Almighty called
into my hollows that were hallowed
took my heart, my soul, my all.

After God Almighty called
and passion of Nirvana
took my heart, my soul, my all,
I marveled at the blending of the flora and the fauna.

God bless,
Lighthouse Bob

© Copyright 2009 Robert E. Michaud Jr. - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2009-10-07 05:09 AM

This poem is really permeated with your soul's emotion in being aware of God's gift, dear Bob.

It's nice to see all these different forms of poetry. You are able to meet any challenge with your poetic skills!

God bless.

Love,
Margherita

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2009-10-07 12:56 PM

Oh my!  I printed this one Bob, it is simply gorgeous!  I marvel every day at my surroundings, so will frame this and put it by my door.  Beautiful!

Sláinte mhaith!
Mysteria

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
3 posted 2009-10-07 04:44 PM

Margherita and Mysteria,

You gals are the best! You are both such a wonderful inspiration and encouragement to me and to my writing poetry. Thank you.

Thank you, Margherita, for your confidence in me that you think that I have the 'poetic skills' to meet any challenge, WoW and, again, Thank you and, OMG,  Thank you so much, Mysteria, for even offering to take my poem and frame it and place it on your door which happens to open up to the most wonderful surroundings ever! OMG! You two, You Two, Your friendship and Your inspiration and Your encouragement are beyond words, beyond description. Thank you! Thank you!

God bless,

-Bob

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
4 posted 2009-10-10 02:07 AM

Bob,

I am enjoying your poetry so much.  I have begun to follow you from section of PiP to other sections.  I love your faith and belief and I really am enjoying the styles of poetry that you are sharing with us.

Alison

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
5 posted 2009-10-10 10:06 AM

So this is heaven on earth!!!

Beautiful work, all of it!

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
6 posted 2009-10-12 10:50 AM

This is so very lovely!!! Your words let me slip right out of this cubicle and into sheer beauty... thank you! *S*
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
7 posted 2009-10-12 01:04 PM

This was delightful Bob ... smooth, flowing and simply inspiring. Very beautiful indeed. I needed this today, and I thank you for such a wonderful read.

Best wishes,
/Kit

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
8 posted 2009-10-13 02:55 PM

Alison, BluesSerenade by the seaside, *S* (capitalized) and, of course, who could forget, Kit,

WoW!!! Thank you, thank you so very, very much to each of you for your kind responses and I do sooooooo want you each to know that you have touched my heart in that I now know my poem has touched each of yours in a very unique and special way. Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, I do thank you and do appreciate each of you and, as always, God bless,

-Bob

dragngrl28
since 2009-10-12
Posts 45
Texas, USA
9 posted 2009-10-13 08:53 PM

This is a very well thought out and written poem. You used the repeat lines very well and the entire poem flowed well. I very much enjoyed reading your poem. I strugglee with formal poetry writing so I am a bit envious
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
10 posted 2009-10-14 07:08 PM

dragngrl28,

Oh, please, don't be. I suppose it's just about like anything else and just takes a bit of time and practice to learn. That's all and, so you know, your name or, something like your name, anyway, the name ‘dragon girl’ inspired me to research about dragons and inspired me to write a poem. I hope you like it. It's called 'Jabberboxy.'

Thanks so much for your kind comment and God bless,

-Bob

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » The Flora and the Fauna (Pantoum)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary