navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » I can see its potential
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic I can see its potential Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
dickpoetry
since 2009-09-30
Posts 89

0 posted 2009-10-01 12:31 PM

I CAN SEE ITS POTENTIAL

I can see it, feel it, how utterly wonderful
it might turn out to be to be here. With you!!
How great it is. Thank god for the computer!
And for my friend who lead me here. Thank you,
sweet woman, yes, thank you.

So, so, I can sit back and wonder. I can muse on it a while. An hour, a night, tomorrow. A week. I can come to this place and speak!!  Oh my God have I needed to do that. Just speak!!! End this solitude.
Break into the heartache. This pain that seeps into my body. A dangerous thing, you know.  When heartache attacks the body. Goes to the body, feeds upon it for shear lack of courage. Or lack of companionship. Ah, you know the truth. It's lack of love.

But why? Why should I feel unloved now? Don't I have a good woman? Does she not do her best to love me?  Even though I feel it is not enough?  Because it isn't. Amen, that's the truth. It isn't.

And so, I open the case. Here, tonight, now. For you. With the rattle whose source I am unsure of.
With the dark night at my window. With an increasing drive inside me. Hope!  That's what it is I feel tonight.  Hope!!  Jesus, Hope!  And it is because of you, strangers, you my new readers. You, my new friends.

Dickpoetry
10/1/9
12:30am

© Copyright 2009 dickpoetry - All Rights Reserved
inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
1 posted 2009-10-01 09:19 AM

This faceless internet becomes our best friend some nights. I understand
GBride
since 2009-07-02
Posts 538

2 posted 2009-10-03 04:11 PM

I am delighted for you to think of me as your new friend.
I am anxious to begin to read your poetry.
Your expression of self.
That that comes from the deepest most personal part of you. It is more intimate than sex, because it is the definition or your being.
We learn from each other writing poetry.
I see you just joined recently and so have I.
We hunt for inspiration. Happy Hunting!!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » I can see its potential

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary