navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Glare
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic Glare Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2009-09-08 03:58 PM

(Now that the Labor Day Weekend has lapsed by, I'll have a little more time to write, even as I continue to stay quite active, yay!

Here's a re-post to precede some new works, which will be more intense (in an uplifting, soulful way) but I think hold the anthemic heart of works like this! )

Glare
By: Noah Eaton
8/1/05

The dream was always running ahead of me,
you’ll feel less with every little bit more you see,
tonight I feel revirginated staring up into space,
feeling like I haven’t seen anything...

...your forehead was kissed by firefly sonata,
made you a precious day-glo tiara,
each blinking star between each young kiss,
challenging the Fermi paradox...

...I feel as though I’ve lost my legs,
but, baby, you make me brave enough to go ahead…

...up and away…

...up and away…
Ooohhh, it’s love at first sight,
every time I see you…

...gleaming in the glittering glare…
Chocolate daisies must have called your name,
tutored with mignonettes in the summer rain,
foo fighters flicker like opaline snow owls,
groping the world in a snowblink of involuntary praise...

...from the touch of your fingertips,
we’re sparkling amidst this total solar eclipse,
there’s polyphony between every heartbeat,
and in this moment there’s pure clairsentience...

...I feel as though I’ve lost my legs,
but, baby, you make me brave enough to go ahead...

...up and away...

...up and away...
every time I see you...

...gleaming in the glittering glare...
Ooooohhhh...

ooooohhhh...

ooooohhhh...

...it’s when two look at each other
beyond three winks,
that it all becomes a miracle,
sweet darling...
ooohhh, it’s love at first sight,
every time I see you…

...gleaming in the glittering glare...

Infinity’s in the palm of your hand,
but forever rests in the stardust of each eyelash,
each hot youthful tear I will collect,
lathering your face in glare with my heart’s content...

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

© Copyright 2009 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2009-09-08 05:06 PM

Dear Noah, your use of words always fascinates me. This is passionate and fresh at the same time, it reflects you beautifully.

Love,
Margherita

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
2 posted 2009-09-08 05:13 PM

Noah, I dig your "revirginated" verbiage! (revirginated? )

Up, up, and away!

Linda

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2009-09-08 05:30 PM

Yay, thanks Margherita! (huggies)

My next poems will be my positively heaviest poems ever, which reflect just where I am now, as I've enjoyed a personal, visceral revolution of sorts this year and, with any empowering, fulfilling change, there's a lot of vehemence, a lot of electricity, to each moment...........thus my new poems will surely feel happy-go-lucky and capricious as ever, but a lot more electrifying and passionate I'd say! I've even started a new epic which will be posted later in the year I'll continue to build on that I aspire to present as an odyssey of sorts reflecting my evolution!

Thanks sooooooooo much, my friend! Later this week I'll catch up on the poetry I've missed of yours, yay!

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2009-09-08 05:36 PM

Yay! Linda!

(giggles) Actually, I swear I didn't intend to provide a commentary of the present moment by re-posting this! My intent of using the verbiage "revirginated" then was to signify that feeling where you feel reborn, where you're just coming into existence for the first time, amidst a most resplendent, phenomenal moment. But now that you point that out, I suppose this poem can be interpreted in more ways than ever before!

Thanks sooooooooooo much, dearest Linda! Be prepared as I catch up on your writes as the week progresses, yay!

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
5 posted 2009-09-08 05:40 PM

Sounds very promising, dear Noah! Though you already are richly charged with electricity I would say, I am sure you will succeed in reaching higher and higher temperatures in life's passionate flow.

Looking forward to your new ones then ...
Love and hugs.
Margherita

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
6 posted 2009-09-08 05:45 PM

Noah, my friend, whenever I read a poem of yours, I experience ~ and interpreti it ~ on many levels!

Love, hugs, 'n smiley faces,

Linda

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
7 posted 2009-09-08 06:02 PM

(giggles) Well, too many people have been saying for years how I put so much passion behind everything, from school projects in the past to volunteering now, and that I seem to effortlessly get something accomplished in only half of the time it takes most others to accomplish. I guess, perhaps because I'm a Scorpio or perhaps I approach everything in life emotionally, that may explain where all the intensity comes from.

I guess I was intimidated more than anyone in the past with my passion and fervor, fearing others would get the wrong impression about me and think I was insane, or I was extreme, or I was a slut, or I lacked civility, etc. But now I've come to believe that there has always been a razor-thin line between being a genius and being an idiot in the eyes of others...........and those who we now consider brilliant were truly only brilliant because they gave it their all courageously, because they breathed and embraced that electricity...........while also being regarded and understood as being human, as being true still waters running deep that valued life in all its glory!

So 2009 is truly the year I've come to fully embrace myself as a passionate person, life's jovial fire dancer, and celebrate and nurture that vigor to the first degree!

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
8 posted 2009-09-08 06:04 PM

And I most enjoy it when my poems are enjoyed on multiple levels of interpretation, as it makes me feel I've achieved my goal in writing anthems that can be related to and appreciated both universally and in accord with one's own unique experience!

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
9 posted 2009-09-09 06:54 PM

Awwwwwww, always lovely to read your poems! ~ I especially love the choice of words you choose as well.
This flows endlessly with poetic gems.
I sure have found another addition to my poetic treasure chest.

Loved it, Huggies

ARCTIC WIND

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
10 posted 2009-09-10 12:38 PM

Awwwwwwwwww, thanks dearest Arctic Wind! (huggies)

I'm honored you consider this a keeper, as I certainly have bookmarked some of your poems as well, yay! It's amazing how we can easily inspire one another in this poetic community!

Have a wonderful rest of the week, my friend!

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Glare

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary