navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » The Duke of Chester
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Duke of Chester Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
georgek
since 2009-06-07
Posts 79

0 posted 2009-08-14 09:53 AM

I saw the Duke all frail and broken
Pray that night at having spoken
Five hundred men had died that time
From lucid words and ill sought verbs

The candle light had gained no height
As it slowly dimmed as beggars grinned
Then darkness loomed in this passive room
Forgotten dreams where silence looms

Written By Georgek

© Copyright 2009 georgek - All Rights Reserved
georgek
since 2009-06-07
Posts 79

1 posted 2009-08-14 02:21 PM

I personally would like to know, why my topic was closed on the 'Feelings' forum when I asked for feedback on history?

Why are people so prejudice against the thoughts of another, because I am not a Christian?

I see no reason apart from down right prejudice against the belief of another.

Sod it...I say what I think.

Thsi is  what I found so far, for those interested in understanding poetry from the heart.

"Byron set up his headquarters at the nearby village of Acton and summoned Nantwich to surrender on 10 January 1644. The following day, after the summons was rejected, Royalist artillery opened fire on the town. The bombardment continued for several days with frequent skirmishing between the besiegers and troops from the garrison. On 18 January, after Byron's second summons had been refused, the Royalists attempted to take the town by storm. The defences were attacked at five points simultaneously but the assault was fiercely resisted and the Royalists were driven back with heavy losses of around 500 killed and wounded. Among the dead was Captain Sandford, who had captured Beeston Castle. Byron's army was declining in strength. Of the 5,000 that had marched from Chester, less than 3,500 were left after the fighting in Cheshire and at Nantwich itself. Sickness, desertion and the bitter weather had also taken their toll." I have just found this".

Anway, if I am banned I fade from here as a true poet, saying what is in my heart and soul, and not the automaton of the mind of others.

I came to write and to discuss poetry. As I have never attacked anyone, else's poetry I expect the same standard. Yet, my posts are closed, because people are just not mature enough. They hate the thoughts of others who may differ to their own thoughts.

I spoke my truth, in my work and in my heart.

Like I will continue to speak my truth, whether I go.

This is not a poetry forum, but "I love Christianity, and people like me are meant to be destened to hell"

Why have a 'Feelings' column seperate to this, if I am not allowed to discus my own feelings, because it interferes with peoples beliefs?

Yer..alright, fair spelling, nice rhyme...

Sod it.

In your dreams...only mine are real!

George

moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

2 posted 2009-08-14 05:50 PM

George

If you bother to read around the forums instead of posting reams of self-absorbed rant, you'll see that many of us here aren't necessarily Christians, and that discussion takes place between people with all sorts of beliefs in a perfectly civil manner.

What isn't appreciated is what you are doing, forcing your views into the limelight constantly in a less than gracious way (I should know I've done it myself), even lifting your own post as you have done here is considered bad manners.  Why don't you calm down and just post some nice poems, make some nice comments and generally behave in a way that does our nation credit, instead of giving the impression that Brits are crazy and self-centered.  

You're a guest in someone's home here, it would be good if you could stop the paranoia and accept that people do want to get on well with you if you'll just give them a chance.  

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
3 posted 2009-08-14 09:03 PM

George, your topic was not closed in Feelings so that you could re-open it here..and your "only Christian site" is not only inaccurate but getting tiring, along with you insults. If you don't like it here or the policies we use, feel free to leave. If you continue in this manner, the choice will no longer be yours.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » The Duke of Chester

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary