navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » untitled
Teen Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic untitled Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA

0 posted 2009-09-27 09:29 PM

I sit in my comfy chair by the window. The chair
that cost too much. Fuzzily innocent, violently
red, an expression of myself sedately said.

The clock on the shelf rings 10:00,
mahogany, and gold by books unread.
A gift from your mother, I never liked.

Water glasses stand at attention in a row
of ten. They are pushed, pulled, and thrown
when patience stutters.

I stand up to go to bed. The front door is
locked, and the clock is read. 3:00. You
forgot your keys.

[This message has been edited by stargal (09-28-2009 11:57 AM).]

© Copyright 2009 stargal - All Rights Reserved
hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
1 posted 2009-09-28 12:47 PM

wow!!!!!!!! I cannot even begin to explain how much this poem touched me... loved it so much!!! and Stargasl!!!! I misss you where have u been?!?!?!
Krysti

Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
2 posted 2009-09-28 02:45 PM

I wasn't too sure what this poem was about. Humorous? Deeper meaning? Its rare for me to come across poems I don't understand. Mind explaining please?
Besides that.. I like the wording and discription. Very good.

-Zach

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
3 posted 2009-09-29 12:41 PM

Hi Krysti,

It has been a long time. I hardly recognize any of the screen names now! Mostly I notice who is missing from this gathering of words. I feel a little lost.

I am glad you liked the poem. I've been having writers block consistently! I was very happy to be able to plunk this out one night. I can see it needs work though.

How are you? Are you back in school? I'm doing well; I think I need more sleep though. I seem to have become an insomniac, though it's more habit now I think.

I am glad to see one of your comments again. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Stargal-

Zach,

At the risk of my very own life from the “you shouldn't tell the meaning of your poems” club, I am going to tell you! Ok, I take that back. I can't exactly tell you what it is about for you, but for me I can attempt it (if you are not confused by that you are the only one).What I mean to say is that my poem is open to interpretation. Perhaps there is no deeper meaning, and maybe it's not humorous for me, but it   could be for you...?

I like to think of it as a progression. Red is such a charming color! When I think of red I imagine brilliance, joy, confidence, and anger. I think the color red embodies those emotions, depending on the interpreters mood.  Ah, but I did tell you it was a progression and indeed it is. The authoress is comparing herself to a red chair, it is a measly attempt at confidence. Then the passing of time is shown, irritation grows, anger, and finally acceptance mixed with a little bitter vengeance.

Of course this is my interpretation. What is yours?

Stargal-

P.S. Talking in third person is a bit of a conundrum sometimes.

P.P.S. Thank you for reading! I am sorry my attempt at explanation stinks. I will try to rectify the vagueness of my thoughts during the next rendering.

hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
4 posted 2009-10-01 12:37 PM

back in school? ahhh well in uni now.. how bout u?
stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
5 posted 2009-10-01 08:29 PM

Lolz...

I am sorry! I forget how old people are, and it has been awhile.

What are you wanting to get your degree in?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » untitled

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary