navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Euphoria Lost
Open Poetry #43
Post A Reply Post New Topic Euphoria Lost Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Moonkist
since 2006-09-29
Posts 197
Pennsylvania

0 posted 2008-07-11 12:32 PM

Paradise gone
Euphoria lost
The bubble has burst
But at what cost

Sadness creeping
Depression setting in
Dreams are fading
With much chagrin

Why does it happen
Why can't it last
Why does such loveliness
Now reside in my past

Can't go under
Gotta fight
Cuz depression sucks
Must hang onto the light

Where do I go
What must I do
Hanging helpless
Without a clue

Hoping this time is different
Hoping it all won't go to hell
Hoping that God's listening
And wishing me well

Hangin' tight
Okay for now
Want to leave this dark place
And live somehow

© Copyright 2008 Helen - All Rights Reserved
graeshine2006
since 2008-06-03
Posts 368
The Prairie Lands, USA
1 posted 2008-07-11 03:51 AM

You are having a great start at beating depression by writing this.  Keep fighting.  Get out.  Kind words to yourself. You will beat this crap! Keep writing and know that others are hoping with you! PS - first time I've had to change my reply!  I used the "s" where "crap" was!  oopsie!
Moonkist
since 2006-09-29
Posts 197
Pennsylvania
2 posted 2008-07-11 07:28 AM

Thank you graeshine for such a nice reply. I will definitely heed your words of advice. Appreciate your words of encouragement here too... Thank You!
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
3 posted 2008-07-11 07:55 AM

quote:
Why does it happen
Why can't it last
Why does such loveliness
Now reside in my past

I bet many can relate to these thoughts! But I wish you to trust that loveliness will enter again your life.

This is a very emotional write and brings across the message powerfully ... but I suggest you substitute that word in the last stanza, which doesn't fit into the elegance of the rest. ("shadows" maybe ? or something similar).

Love,
Margherita

Moonkist
since 2006-09-29
Posts 197
Pennsylvania
4 posted 2008-07-11 08:05 AM

Thanks Margherita for your reply.  I think you are right about not using profanity in this poem (or any poems for that matter!). I can't find the right icon to physically change my poem... once I do, I'll update it.  Thanks for your critique and kind words as well.
XGarapanX
since 2008-06-19
Posts 1435
Antarctica
5 posted 2008-07-11 06:37 PM

Hi Moonkist. I can so relate to this. I was depressed (Manic) all my life and didn't know it. I thought it was normal until it was finally pointed out to me in a way I understood. Then I got very angry to learn life could be better than what I was living, lol! Meds and counselling for me. But my present sense of well being cannot restore what passed by in my lethargy. My heart is with you. Don't let living pass by without a game and savvy fight!

·´~`·­»Garapan«­·´~`·

vandana
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Patricius
since 1999-10-22
Posts 10463
USA
6 posted 2008-07-11 06:39 PM

enjoyed
Moonkist
since 2006-09-29
Posts 197
Pennsylvania
7 posted 2008-07-12 07:02 AM

Thanks XGarapanX and vandana... I was diagnosed with bipolar back in '94 and the highs and lows are still hard to deal with.  It's nice to know I have support and that I'm not the only one going through it... Thanks for your replies!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Euphoria Lost

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary