navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Ghost on the Beach
Open Poetry #43
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ghost on the Beach Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes

0 posted 2008-08-04 02:34 PM

Taken By Alexandra Ramer last week during a beautiful sunset. No one was there when this photo was shot. This is the result
I sat alone on an empty beach
No one to invade my thoughts
Reflecting on the past
Wondering
WhereWhenWhy
You had to leave
So young in age
Your spirit flew into the eternal
Yet, you were here
I knew in my heart
You had come to comfort me
Your job was done
And I, unseeing
Felt you walk away

I looked at my writing on here, and realized that it has been almost two years gone since my last creative post... and figured it was time to change that.
The picture was taken on an empty beach in Italy by a friend's girlfriend. She took the photo of the sunset, and the girl- who wasn't there- appeared in the developed shot.
Who am I to turn down anything that kickstarts my muse?

What would you attempt to do...if you knew you could not fail?. www.myspace.com/mindlesspoet

© Copyright 2008 Bradly Stott - All Rights Reserved
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
1 posted 2008-08-04 11:20 PM

Ringo,

I am glad to see you posting poetry.  I have read some of the poems that you posted years ago and have enjoyed them. This piece is pretty mesmerizing - and the story of the photo is perfect with the poem.  Alone, the picture would have been good.  The story made it perfection.

Alison

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
2 posted 2008-08-05 12:31 PM

hey ringo

this was amazing!

~~**~~
I never let one moment define me,
I define myself by all moments and how they teach and touch me......02  

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
3 posted 2008-08-05 08:48 AM

Thanks guys (gals?)..
I appreciate the comments.
We'll see what my muse has in store for us today.

What would you attempt to do...if you knew you could not fail?.
www.myspace.com/mindlesspoet

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Ghost on the Beach

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary