navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Not the August moon
Open Poetry #43
Post A Reply Post New Topic Not the August moon Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa

0 posted 2008-11-25 01:05 AM

It’s not the August moon
that shines down happiness
but the lining of a brain wave
that rubs itself gently so
across, over, and around
each and every thought process.

And the intent like a freckle
sits unnoticed on my back
until the twist and turn
from all I’ve had to learn
leads me grandly to reclaim
what has been but never seen.

So happiness a freckle then
and indeed it’s anything
that mind can perceive
when allowed to wander free.

I drop my freckle sometimes though
when I’m in denial
but I do the twist; I’ve learnt to twist
just like I did last summer!

Helen / 25 November 2008

© Copyright 2008 Helen - All Rights Reserved
Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
1 posted 2008-11-25 06:37 AM

Dear Helen... I like to twist! you write such lovely words here.. love and hugs RDB

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
2 posted 2008-11-25 10:07 AM

Alot to think about in this one.  I have read it a few times and it has lead me in two different directions of thought. I am sure I will have to read it again.  One thing I do know is that even the best of intentions sometimes get sidetracked but if it is in us then it usually finds it's way back.  Very much enjoyed.
steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

3 posted 2008-11-25 02:09 PM

interesting write, and I agree with Mark...so many directions with each read...still not sure I've got a handle on it yet, will be going back to try again...definitely a very clever write...
Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
4 posted 2008-11-25 03:15 PM

Thanks everyone!  I guess words like life can be a mystery but perhaps it's worthwhile delving a bit because one never knows what can be uncovered.  

In a few words, think happiness, honour the intention of that thought and then one is happy.  Sounds easy but we've just "gotta" do the twist first and that's something that needs to be learnt.  And even when we know it, we still drop that damn freckle every now and again which is just a testimony to our human nature and not a train smash in the grand scheme of things.  Something like that.  

Helen

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Not the August moon

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary