navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Candy
Open Poetry #43
Post A Reply Post New Topic Candy Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lady Ayla
since 2008-07-19
Posts 84
WV, United States

0 posted 2008-09-06 10:41 PM

The delicious coating that makes us salivate, that is joy to our tastebuds, that make us scrunch our faces from sourness or roll our eyes in orgasmic estasy. The latter being the really good stuff, usually chocolate coating with melted chocolate in the middle.
Candy.
Where better to indulge ourselves in the pleasure of the substances then in a dark movie theater, where we can shove as much into our mouths as possible with only the loved one sitting next to you staring at you in wonder.
Darling, did you really just eat that whole box?
Um...I didn't think you'd want any?
Candy.
I stare at the glass box at the snack bar, stared at the boxes of candy and instantly wanted everything.
I ask how much the candy was.
The worker behind the counter in her blue smock gave me a look, her dishwater blonde hair falling in front of her eyes.
She then told me the devestating fact.
The candy was just for show, they weren't for purchasing value.
My eyes grew wide.
No candy.
How deceiving.
No chocolate covered Whoopers making loud noises as my teeth crack into them. No Skittles getting stuck in my teeth, no Hershey kisses melting on my tongue. No Mentos being passed around my mouth by my tongue. No Gobstoppers changing flavors as their layers dissolve away.
I felt arms around me, hugging me to the body, crossed over my chest.
"Is something wrong, dear?"
I looked up into his face. My hand instantly covered his, while my other one framed his face. His smile was genuine, making my mind clear and a smile touch my face. His eyes were sparkling from just holding me against him. I loved those eyes. I kissed him, and when I tasted his mouth, when I tasted the hint of Mountain Dew and Barbeque sauce, I realized I had something better than candy.
I had love.

© Copyright 2008 Heather L. Baker - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2008-09-07 11:27 AM

And no doubt kissing is healthier than devouring candy!

Very lovely!

Love,
Margherita

StaceyBenjilt
since 2008-08-21
Posts 12
WV, USA
2 posted 2008-09-07 01:33 PM

No candy? lol I can practically hear the child-like voice pouting at the glass.
Bonnie j
since 2003-06-27
Posts 1588
Ohio
3 posted 2008-09-07 03:43 PM

WOW! I was just a flyin' about on my CHOCOLATE BROOM and I heard the word CHOCOLATE. Then CANDY.
Oh! By the way I'm The Chocolate Monster of The Internet.
CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE.I love Chocolate.
We must ban together and picket this theater if no Chocolate is in site.
We will just have to go to The Olive Garden where they have a deluctable, delighful, utterly delicious, melt in your mouth CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE with strawberries and cream on the side.Yum ! Yum!
But! Never fear The Chocolate Monster has a very soft heart and thinks LOVE is grand.
BUT!!!!!! CHOCOLATE IS Sooooooooooo delightful. LOL
Yummy poem.
Hugs
BonBon aka THE CHOCOLATE MONSTER

Lady Ayla
since 2008-07-19
Posts 84
WV, United States
4 posted 2008-09-07 07:31 PM

...That was surprising. Um..Thanks?
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Candy

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary