navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Fame
Open Poetry #43
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fame Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea

0 posted 2008-08-30 09:45 AM

The dove which crosses the sky
does not give an autograph,
the cheetah which roams the 100m
in three seconds do not give it either….
What have we human beings
to consider us so seriously,
to believe that our talents
must be recognized?
Let us rather do as animals
without the fame and the glory…
Fame can degrade the soul
of those who admire
and what is worse
of those whom we admire….

© Copyright 2008 yann rolland - All Rights Reserved
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
1 posted 2008-08-30 12:50 PM

Oh, yes, yes, YES!  

- Owl

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
2 posted 2008-08-31 12:33 PM

You hit the nail on the head here, yann. The famous are pretty disgusting these days.
                                  Ida

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
3 posted 2008-08-31 06:41 AM

Dear Yann, welcome back, I missed you!

So many who desired fame, once they got it, they were unable to cope with it and risk to lose their psychological balance and integrity of heart. I do hope on the soul level we remain intact whatever we experience, but we lose touch with Spirit and soul and that's the worst thing that can happen.

Ambition to be the first, competition, overpowering others are things deeply rooted in human nature, yet we should never lose the capacity of appreciating and loving  indistinctly all humans, whether they are quick or slow, famous or unknown etc. etc.

Thank you for this well written piece, which brings food for thought.

Love,
Margherita

"Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love."
(Rumi)

Bonnie j
since 2003-06-27
Posts 1588
Ohio
4 posted 2008-08-31 09:14 AM

Just think.After these "famous" people struggle, do unthinkable acts, gain riches, and people bow to them...when they die and a new generation comes into view....after all the hard work of that "famous" person...the new children do not even know who they are...the "famous" people of the past.What a waste of time and energy...When the "famous" say look at me, look at me I'm "famous." Just so much hot air floating on the wind.
HUgs
BonBon

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
5 posted 2008-08-31 12:53 PM

Hi Margherita, It's good to read you again, the origin of this poem was my appreciation of the triviality of autographs, one say I'm famous and the other repeat you are famous, I think the relationship of the star and his admirer is inappropriate cause it establish a hierarchy, I feel unconfortable with that even if I know all human relationships can be awkward...

Thank you for your kind comment.

yann

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
6 posted 2008-08-31 12:55 PM

Thank you Bonnie, all is gone with the wind as you said, it realls me a song I enjoyed very much 30 years ago....

thank you for your kind comment

yann

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Fame

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary