navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » No Title
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic No Title Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lincoln
since 2007-12-03
Posts 62
Earth

0 posted 2008-05-29 02:14 AM

National pride exist within me not
I lost no pride for it never existed
There only imaginary lines
I pitty the fool who lays his life down
I live for God not my country
I surrender to nature not my government
"I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans" -- William Blake

© Copyright 2008 Lincoln Deyette - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2008-05-29 03:34 PM

To 'fly' without a flag possessing you...
is true freedom!
Congratulations on a brave write.

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
2 posted 2008-05-29 03:45 PM

And I totally resent the words you use to describe our brave soldiers. Perhaps you would like to find another nation you could be proud to own.  It is okay to hate this war but do not despise our heroes. I can tell from your writing that you are very young and that perhaps excuses you. Joyce
TinaTrivett
since 2006-07-15
Posts 569

3 posted 2008-05-29 05:39 PM

The wonderful thing about poetry, is we are allowed to freely express how we feel with words. Everyone has so many different views on things.

You are passionate about your writing and your message. For that I salute you Abe.

steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

4 posted 2008-05-29 05:54 PM

Wow, Canada,

While I cannot agree with what you say, I proudly salute those who lay down their lives so we have the freedom  to say whatever we believe...even if what we wind up saying is offensive (btw, you are missing the exhilaration of pride that comes from patriotism as you walk through a cemetery filled with the fallen brave...and your eyes well up with tears that fall in silent tribute to our honored dead)

Lincoln
since 2007-12-03
Posts 62
Earth
5 posted 2008-06-05 11:25 PM

I'm sorry if I offended anyone that wasn't the purpose of my writing. I feel sorry the the men that fell not despise.

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreaming it's time to die." -Shannon Hoon

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » No Title

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary