navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » THE ROAD!
Open Poetry #41
Post A Reply Post New Topic THE ROAD! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
I Love Jesus
since 2006-12-12
Posts 216
ar.

0 posted 2007-07-16 04:09 PM

I'm tired Lord, but i'm still walking.
This road is long Lord, but i'm still praising.
How far does it go Lord?
I've been traveling for so long.
Am I almost there Lord?
Will it be very long?

My feet feel like bricks Lord.
Will You carry me?
I am so hungry Lord.
Will You feed me?
When I am lonely Lord, will You talk with me?
Am I almost there Lord?
Will it be very long?

It's raining so hard Lord.
Will You cover me?
The storms are so strong Lord.
Will You shield me?
Everyone is persecuting me Lord.
Will You avenge me?
Am I almost there Lord?
Will it be very long?

Is The Father waiting for me at Heavens Gate,
where the cares of this world
will all be washed away?
And finally, I can get off of this winding road!
Am I almost there Lord?
Will it be very long?

© Copyright 2007 Stacey Copeland - All Rights Reserved
secondhanddreampoet
Member Ascendant
since 2006-11-07
Posts 6394
a 'Universalist' !
1 posted 2007-07-16 09:02 PM

“Everyone is persecuting me Lord.
Will You avenge me?”

I would love to know when ‘avenging’ or vengeance became part
of any valid modern Christian philosophy and/or practice?!...

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2007-07-16 09:34 PM

Vengeance is NOT what Jesus taught.
Fairplay
since 2007-01-15
Posts 222
England
3 posted 2007-07-16 10:33 PM

This poem didn’t inspire me…….

It just seemed like some one bickering about life, how hard it all is, begging for help and wishing for………death???

You can correct me if I am wrong but I don’t see any reason to live if the poem is true…

What about the beauty of what you would probably claim God provided The flowers the birds the sunshine…..

You sound a tad like “some” modern day youth who think the world owes then a favour.

Please this please that tell me this and that …… I would say if there is indeed a God  he must be sick and tired of all the scroungers leaning on him.

Whoops gone on a little but hey blame your verse… that’s the impression it gave me… Not that life is wonderful for people who turn to God.

Eric

I Love Jesus
since 2006-12-12
Posts 216
ar.
4 posted 2007-07-16 11:03 PM

I wrote this when I was going through some difficult times in my life! The Lord has fixed everything now! Even Christians go through hard times. I'm sorry you didn't like this, but someone might.
God bless you always,
Stacey

I Love Jesus
since 2006-12-12
Posts 216
ar.
5 posted 2007-07-16 11:05 PM

Hello, by the way, I didn't write this to get approval from the world! This was something between me and God!
God bless you always,
Stacey

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
6 posted 2007-07-17 12:29 PM

Stacey:
Don't be so concerned about what people say about your sentiment for the Lord.
Our words come from our hearts.  You pen what you feel in your heart, keep doing that, it’s beautiful.

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?  The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
(Psalms 2:1-5)

JL

Fairplay
since 2007-01-15
Posts 222
England
7 posted 2007-07-17 01:20 PM

"Hello, by the way, I didn't write this to get approval from the world! This was something between me and God!
God bless you always,
Stacey"

In your profile you didn't mention this, In fact you put against encourage critique... Yes

Maybe you should change that to "From God Alone" then we could all wait and see if he writes anything...

Eric Lance Davies

Drauntz
Member Elite
since 2007-03-16
Posts 2905
Los Angeles California
8 posted 2007-07-17 01:23 PM

yes, heavenly love, love, love, love, love, love,love,love,love,love,love,love and love is all we need!

[This message has been edited by Drauntz (07-17-2007 02:30 PM).]

I Love Jesus
since 2006-12-12
Posts 216
ar.
9 posted 2007-07-17 01:47 PM

JL, Thank you sweetie and God bless you always,
Stacey

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
10 posted 2007-07-17 01:54 PM

Stacey~
I don't know about you, but I'm getting just a wee bit tired of these people who critique you for your thoughts and beliefs, instead of what the guidelines call for here at PiP~

CRITIQUE the POEM if you choose ... but some of you people need to back off of personal attacks directed at the beliefs of the writer~

I can write that my sky is royal smurple if I choose ... soooo ? ... you don't know what color royal smurple is ? ... fine, but if I see it ... I see it ... a religious belief is no different~
It is in the poetic eyes of the beholder~

Stacey sees it ... hears Him ... feels the need to spread His Word~
Good for you, Stacey !!!

AND ... for the record, Drauntz,no one here has the right to post ANOTHER's poem ... no matter what they are trying to prove, as you seem to be doing by reposting JL's poem from the archives !!

Stacey, with all of that said, let me commend you on your writing what is in your heart~

I understand you~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -     noles1@totcon.com   

I Love Jesus
since 2006-12-12
Posts 216
ar.
11 posted 2007-07-17 02:03 PM

Marge, I trully appreciate you standing by me! When I starting writing, it was to spread the love of God! I didn't know people would be debating with each other over this! Anyway, I won't stop doing what The Lord has called me to do! I am not trying to offend anyone! The Lord has called me to do a job, and I will do it to the best of my ability! After all, regardless if they believe me or not, IT WILL HAPPEN JUST LIKE THE BIBLE SAYS IT WILL! You are a good friend to me and for that, I want to say thank you! God bless you Marge!

Stacey

shirtless
since 2006-04-29
Posts 359

12 posted 2007-07-17 02:26 PM

Hi Stacey,
Reading your last reply, I get the impression that you are more concerned with preaching than poetry. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't poetry use metaphorical expression to present new connections and new ways of viewing the world. Many of your posts are riddled with familiar phrases from prayers, hymns, and scripture. Although I am not a Christian, I appreciate expressions of faith and belief that contain originality. Whether you write on religious themes or not, I suggest you try to express yourself in a more original way.
Regards,
shirtless

I Love Jesus
since 2006-12-12
Posts 216
ar.
13 posted 2007-07-17 04:47 PM

If you don't like what The Lord gives me to write about, then don't read it!
God bless you always,
Stacey

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
14 posted 2007-07-17 04:55 PM

The bickering and the nit picking needs to stop, those who chose to continue please take it to emails! there will please be respect and tolerance for ALL who post here on what ever topic they choose if you dont like the name or the post please pass it by...

~~**~~
Life is a balance
of holding on and letting go (KU)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » THE ROAD!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary