navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » Some "PAL" - a rant
Open Poetry #41
Post A Reply Post New Topic Some "PAL" - a rant Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines

0 posted 2007-08-08 10:09 AM

Some Pal

Ebay, Paypal all the same
Phishing for identity, game.
Calling here, emailing there,
Doesn't anyone really care?

30 minutes passes by,  
Cell phone charges, words of sigh.
60 minutes, 40 more
No one helps, just emails in store.

Automated, buttons touch
Voice words chosen, nasty, such.
Upset with threats to no avail.
Anger follows, demands to trail.

Not hard this job to help one out,
Though sent from here to there in doubt.
Then asked for higher, someone in know,
Wait for on line tech to show.

Now she's the one who holds the card
This morning's complaint to finally regard
And takes self blame for their mistake.
Their site not working, "Give-Me-A-Break!

Closing out to my bank account
with added money, a fair amount
For aggravation of hours on end.
What kind of a "Pal" was this "Pay" friend???

M

"Love is not blind - It sees more and not less, but because it sees more, it is willing to see less."
(Will Moss)

© Copyright 2007 Wynter Bliss - All Rights Reserved
bel1e
since 2006-07-24
Posts 1631

1 posted 2007-08-08 10:19 AM

oh man...can I relate to this!

lol...

I hear ya~~~

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
2 posted 2007-08-08 10:51 AM

Thank you

It started with an email (a good fake) telling me my account was temporarily frozen and to go to a link and give some info which I didn't because my spyware warned me it was phishing~~

SO I went to the paypal site, couldn't find any help there, called a customer service number, spent an hour last night with one person explaining that I hadn't used it for almost 4 years but there was a balance in there and first was the account ok.
Then I couldn't log in because I forgot my password after all these years and to get a new one my computer wasn't letting me fill in the verfication as I was directed to after proving on the phone I was who I was.

Another hour and another "helper" re- explaining everything again and given an email with directions and a temp password # to get started, but the blanks were never on line to fill in, so I called again and after another 40 or so minutes demanded to speak to a supervisor( but they lie and give you just another "helper" and then told me I had to fax picture proof and a utility bill of who I was with a fax cover sheet that I could never find on the site.
sighing~~

after a short discussion with a friend last night I decided not to send anything because then my photo and address and info would be available to whomever~~

and I got louder and more demanding this morning until someone told me it wouldnt help that rules were rules etc. I said well I would go to the "better business bureau" and complain or a lawyer or the tv stations and "HE" said go ahead. I kept raising my voice demanding to speak to someone above him and he told me that wouldn't help and  what to do again with an email but the box to fill in never showed up to identify myself and I guess I even frustrated him. He blamed it on my computer and told me he would connect me to a tech.
She came on and after another 10 minute explanation she apologized and told me the site had a problem and it wasn't my computer and did what I was going to after all the aggravation...send the money to my account listed there and if I wasn't who I said I was it would go to the right person anyway. She actually gave me an extra $25 in the account for my troubles.

Wouldn't you think they would spread the word to the "helpers" about the site problem about logging in for a new password??? Shouldn't they know instead of wasting  3 hours of my time and worry. Anyway that is what led up to this poem and I just got word they closed the account after sending the money to my bank.

M

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

3 posted 2007-08-08 11:11 AM

I hate automated machines!! Understood this one well M.  
BBGrrl
since 2007-07-17
Posts 181
BC, Canada
4 posted 2007-08-08 11:38 AM

Poor thing..it's a bad bad world out there.

Enjoyed your rant.

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
5 posted 2007-08-08 01:48 PM

I went through the exact same thing several months ago. I'd like to send them a bill for my time
Ruth

I am nothing special...and my name will soon be forgotten,but I've loved another with all my heart and soul,and to me,this has always been enough.~N.S

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2007-08-08 02:21 PM

Some guy from India keeps phoning me at nine a.m. and asking me if I'm in pain.

Well, I AM in pain, and it annoys me to hear a cheerful sing-song voice obviously NOT in pain to be asking me such.

At least he's human though.

The recorders are what really drive me bonkers. (short trip)

Nice to see the spirit in ya, Mo.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
7 posted 2007-08-08 08:45 PM

Thanks Guys...I hate the feeling that as I get older I have to fight harder for everything~~ this has  just been a blue day for me ...waiting  for it to end
M

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
8 posted 2007-08-10 12:11 PM

Dear heavens, I can certainly relate! I just got my eBay account back this morning... they'd shut me out due to someone trying to fraudently access my account... but the site wouldn't accept the verification data I submitted?? This went on for a month... with many emails, IMs and phone calls... I absolutely refused to re-register... then suddenly, the very same verification data was accepted... go figure!

And I've gotten so many emails "from" paypal that weren't really from them... I don't trust any communication with them that I don't initiate!

I'm glad you got some payment for all the aggravation... enjoyed your rant! *S*

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
9 posted 2007-08-10 05:09 PM

Suthern, that's how mine started with a bogus email saying my account was temporarily on hold.  And all those agents I spoke to should have known the site wouldn't let you verify your account to get a new password or just to log in and I stuck to complaining and threatening for two days straight until someone would help me.  I think ebay should be upset over this and nothing should have taken a month to solve.

Thanks for reading

M

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
10 posted 2007-08-11 03:10 PM

Yikes! What a living nightmare for you!!!

I should be totally bald by now for all the hair-pulling scenarios that I've gone through as well. You managed to get through the fiasco and even came through it with a bonus of $25 and a terrific rant of a poem, to boot!  

Hugs to you, Mighty M,
Linda

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
11 posted 2007-08-11 03:57 PM

Linda, as much as I hate to, I stay on the phone and when not satisfied with any phone answerer, whether an American or foreign as many are today, I demand to speak to someone who can understand English and the situation.

If I have to repeat myself and go up the chain of command until I get satisfaction I will. If I anger those on the other line, too bad. If it takes hours I record it and the names of  who I speak to.
If they hang up on me when I begin to lose my temper, I start all over again because I WILL get it solved or actually threaten them with a lawsuit or a tv or radio spot to embarass them.

This is ridiculous as you can see from just a few on here that we have to spend so much time straightening out problems that we don't cause.
Friends wonder why I won't have a bank account on line other than this paypal thing(now closed) and why I deal in cash payments at Western Union locations.I would rather spend a few extra dollars to pay my bills and have immediate feedback, than wonder if my privacy has been stolen or if the post office delivers on time or if the person who receives payments actually records them when received in the mail.  When they say   mail cantake 7-10 business days to show your bill ispaid and yet it is taken out of your accounts almost immediately I get upset. There is always that period of time where your money is "nowhere" in limbo.

No one can assure me my information is safe, especially after laptops are stolen from workers who take computers home and all those credit card information that has been stolen from large companies in the recent past.
I don't even use credit cards anymore. I have a debit one because I have to and have yet to use it except to initiate its opening.

I don't care about interest bearing accounts...credit cards can now change their policies and interest rates anytime they want without any reason.  I am going backwards in time, using cash only like my Grandparents did and my parents before credit as such came into being.

And I am better off for it. I don't buy anything unless I can afford it now. And I actually am able to save...  the end to another rant  

Sometimes you have to lose your "security" in life to learn how to hold onto it.
and thanks
M

sweetbomb
since 2007-08-07
Posts 48
Canada
12 posted 2007-08-12 06:42 PM

Technology is making us stupidier, lonelier, probably lazier too.  People pay lip service to caring but they don't have the time and/or won't really make the effort. Look at houses built in the late 1800s, early 1900s. Look at the detail, craftsmanship and standing the test of time quality. Now look at homes today. Who cared more? Carpenters then or now? Who took their time and took pride in their work? I feel your frustration. Move to a small community, patronize local businesses, meet people face to face. Least you will see a smile if someone can't help you and someone will probably recommend a place or person who can help you. Use cash, keep your money in a drawer.    D
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
13 posted 2007-08-12 07:47 PM

Sweetbomb, you make me smile. I  bought my home 30 years ago. It was built in 1901 and has all the details and workmanship you talk about.( most of which we renovated)  I live in a very small community (town) except that surrounding us are all the new developments of people coming up here for the quiet country life but once here demanding the things they left behind that made life so busy and crowded.

In the next town over they built a Walmart and then came Home Depot and Cracker Barrel.. and a Ruby Tuesday. With it came 5 sets of traffic lights. So far we have none...and are what you call" a bedroom community".

Thank you for your response
Maureen

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » Some "PAL" - a rant

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary