navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » Consistently Painful
Open Poetry #41
Post A Reply Post New Topic Consistently Painful Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC

0 posted 2007-09-19 09:22 AM

Consistently Painful

The walls closing in
Ceiling looks like a glass door
Can not break through
Not able to reach you

I'm pounding...can no one hear
Let me through please
Hands reaching out, grasping
Coming away with nothing

I see a window
Running over to it rapidly
Face pressed against the glass, looking out
The colors meet my eyes

Orange, red, and yellow leaves
twirling around in the wind
I wish I was free like that
My words stay buried inside

Missing you doesn't touch it
Aching deep inside
The tears always falling
Pain is always there

This is for both of my Moms, biological and adopted. My adopted Mom passed away on October 1, 1994. This time of year is always hard on me. However the past few years have been even more painful. I was reunited with my biological family only to have my biological mother ripped from my life before we got to chance to get to know one another again. Perhaps it is for the best. It just hurts so much. Pips has always been a friend to me. Thanks for reading. It helps to ease the pain a little.

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

© Copyright 2007 Amy Kennedy - All Rights Reserved
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
1 posted 2007-09-19 12:30 PM

The Aimster's back! But I am sorry to hear of your biological mother's passing ~ especially since you were just beginning to know her.

You wrote of your pain with poetic grace ~ and I felt it to my core.

Having lost my Mom and Dad four weeks apart last summer, I know the pain of losing a parent. Like yourself, my pain was compounded by the circumstances.

Just know, Sweetie, that in some ways, both your Moms are closer to you now than they ever could be in earthly form.

Giving you a big, warm, compassionate hug,

Love,
Linda

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2007-09-20 02:17 PM

I'm sorry it's been difficult regarding your mom, and especially at this time of year, Amy.

I liked the "urgency" the words in this piece portrayed. Nicely written - great to read you again.

Best wishes and hugs,
/Kit

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
3 posted 2007-09-20 04:05 PM

Grief is an extremely painful thing to endure but I believe that ultimately the tears will wash the pain away.   There is, however, no time limit and grief must run its course.  My hearfelt sympathy to you on your losses.  May you see the sun again soon.
Regards
Helen

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #41 » Consistently Painful

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary