navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » Calling all writers . . . (help)
Corner Pub #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Calling all writers . . . (help) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas

0 posted 2014-08-21 08:57 PM

Gee, has this topic died or have I, somehow, been placed in limbo?? --- I see no movement at all, since the 12th ... is that for real??

Someone, let me know, please.

Jimmy

© Copyright 2014 Wesley James Beard, Jr. - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2014-08-23 04:38 AM

Hello dear Jimmy, this is the Corner Pub and here it has always been rather quiet. You usually post in the Open Poetry Forum, where there is some movement, even though - being Summer - writers don't seem to be very busy (me included! ).

You are not in a limbo rest assured! Have a great, inspired week-end!

Hugs.
Margherita

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
2 posted 2014-08-23 09:35 AM

Thanks, my friend.  I, a number years back, all but lived in this forum and it was slower, yes, but not dead, as this seems almost to be.
And Open, unfortunately doesn't seem to be faring much better. Our Blue Pages seem to have lost a lot of membership participation over the last few years (I'm as guilty as any) - and I hate seeing that, but "life moves on, doesn't it"?  If you look at what participation there is, both Open and Corner Pub have become stagnate, for the most part - almost ghost towns, with only a few participating at all.

Hope, with Fall coming, things will improve,
and PIP's old forum glory will return from its hiatus with vigor.

Again, thanks for letting me know Corner Pub was not only still breathing, but stirring it's sleepy head periodically.

jimmy

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
3 posted 2014-08-28 02:41 PM

Yea...i hear you jwesley.  Participation being the keyword.  I have a huge pet peeve, that being, some poets post poems like crazy then say they don't have time to reply to others or their own.  I mean come on if you are here on a regular basis you have time.  Health issues, time constraints,  or just too busy.  Nope not buying it. Then other's show up post their poem on the fly without a kind word to anyone's work.   Everyone is fighting their own battles and I am mindful that someone or maybe everyone is fighting a harder battle than I am....believe me i have my fair share...but still...participation is the keyword.  Really annoying...i don't want to see pip fade away into the sunset never to shine again.
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
4 posted 2014-08-29 08:56 PM

Couldn't agree more blues...
jjote
since 2002-12-25
Posts 1088
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2015-02-21 02:10 PM

Am here, hearing your call.. Guess most of us find it easy to just click on Open Poetry as it's first in the line, maybe that's what...will visit here more...promise.

Rex Allen McCoy
Member Elite
since 2000-01-30
Posts 2863
Sippin a Timmy's in London
6 posted 2015-03-13 05:03 PM

I'm one of the worst offenders, I show up once a year and post a poem, respond to a few others, then gone. I still write and read a fair bit but its divided around the cloud at many forums. I've moderated a couple and own a Yuku board that moves far slower than here.

I always come back though, because my first and some of my best poetic family are here in these pages.

My resolution for this year was to do my best to write something each week. perhaps in this way I'll spend more time at the Pub.

I can't afford the time to frequent the Open board even at its slower pace

Rex

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
7 posted 2015-07-04 10:29 PM

Little slow in seeing your responses jjote and rex, but nice to see there's still a few voices around... my own posting, anywhere, has slowed quite a bit - not because I'm speechless, just because (where has the time gone) I don't get around to the writing as much anymore...seems the older I get, the more I have to do!!

And I always try to make it a point when I post to reply to at least 3 pieces written by others. Funny, it's really not hard to do.
j.

Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana
8 posted 2015-09-20 11:41 PM

Even today there's nothing wrong with a Model 'A' out on an old country back road. Just wouldn't fare well out on an interstate.

I like the back roads myself, but not many know how to retard spark anymore. Why would they want to when they can start their cars while having breakfast?  

All things must [will] pass.

When it goes, it's gone. When we go, we're
gone.

88's to you all.

She told me "play one for your supper Danny and maybe you'll get breakfast".

Mr Martini
Posts 366
Beneath The Line
9 posted 2015-11-22 10:34 PM

So, what's all this about an SOS? Maybe I could throw out a grasping lead lifesaver.

Here's to you and here's to me and should we ever disagree, here's to me!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » Calling all writers . . . (help)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary