navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » Enticing Time
Teen Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic Enticing Time Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
RenaissanceRomanceRunsRed
since 2007-06-11
Posts 1062
In Love <3

0 posted 2007-06-12 04:54 PM

Enticing Time

Tick . . . Tock . . . Tick . . . Tock . . . Tick . . . Tock . . . Tick . . . Tock . . .
The minuscule swing of the clock that beats time out in a tick tock tick tock
The song of the swing oh the music it so brings with its slow tick tock tick tock
Time has caught us all and it’s not so willing to let go of the tick tock tick tock
Ticket to the future that never expire is the swing in your once ago tick tock tick tock
Tell what your thinking when you look into my eyes and when you fall tick tock tick tock

Clocks are in the making while hearts are in the breaking, look at what you’ve done
Clue into what is going on around you- it’s nothing small that you’ve made here
Connect the dots that you threw haphazardly onto the paper you sung out of the tree
Can’t the moon burn red and can’t the sun go black and dead in your absence I abide

Loops weren’t made for people like me and you, we were meant to be on the outside
Lies were the inventions of those with hearts of stone- for you and me the outcasts
Look at the clock shop and tell me what you see- more goes on the clock repairs so see it all
Learn the song that the clock makers sing I’ll play it in my sleep when nothing calms me

Tick . . . Tock . . . Tick . . . Tock . . . Tick . . . Tock . . . Tick . . . Tock . . .
The song of the swing oh the music it so brings with its slow tick tock tick tock
Time has caught us all and it’s not so willing to let go of the tick tock tick tock
Ticket to the future that never expire is the swing in your once ago tick tock tick tock
Tell what your thinking when you look into my eyes and when you fall tick tock tick tock

Make my clock the one that you love the most- give it as your very fondest gift
Memories can fade and your eyes can forget mine that shine the color of cheated jade
Maybe the day will last a little longer if you put the words into a song form for me
My wouldn’t you be so bad, if you weren’t so good at being innocent at all the right times

Promise that all that you’ve been working on will be mine; the clock beats with my heart
Promise that love prevails and that your wills last longer that eternity does
Promise that you are the cure to all my infirmities, because I know you can cure me
Promise small and simple things that you can do for me, and I’ll promise you back

© Copyright 2007 RenaissanceRomanceRunsRed - All Rights Reserved
jayjara
since 2007-05-02
Posts 90
Florida
1 posted 2007-06-12 09:16 PM

This a kool poem, it has structure and its able to say a lot about time your thoughts on time...good write

-J

surf_painter
since 2007-04-10
Posts 434
Canada
2 posted 2007-06-12 11:25 PM

this is a kool poem but unlike the other person i think the structure could use some works and like my comments on your other poems it seems the breaks aren't in the right place so the rhymning doesn't seem to appear at all unless your ead it as if there are breaks but nice job on this one as well its one of my favourites
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » Enticing Time

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary