navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » Silence
Teen Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic Silence Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
gozaggss
since 2006-04-26
Posts 33

0 posted 2007-04-30 12:00 PM

Silence.

It Flashed from the woodwork and the walls. It smote me with an awful, total power, as if generated by a vast mill. It rose up from the floor, up out of the tattered gray wall-to-wall carpeting. It unleashed itself from the broken and semi-broken appliances in the kitchen, the dead machines which hadn't worked in all the time I had lived here. From the useless pole lamp in the living room it oozed out, meshing with the empty and wordless descent of itself from the fly-speckled ceiling. It managed in fact to emerge from every object within my range of vision, as if it - the silence - meant to supplant all things tangible. Hence it assailed not only my ears but my eyes; as i stood by the inert TV set, i experienced the silence as visible and, in its own way, alive. Alive! I had often felt its austere approach before; when it came, it burst in without subtlety, evidently unable to wait. The silence of the world could not rein back its greed. Not any longer. Not when it had virtually won...

© Copyright 2007 gozaggss - All Rights Reserved
rhia_5779
since 2006-06-09
Posts 1334
California
1 posted 2007-04-30 08:18 AM

Very nice vocabulary, and good imagery. Is this sopposed to be a poem or prose though, it reads like prose.
gozaggss
since 2006-04-26
Posts 33

2 posted 2007-04-30 09:06 PM

it's prose. and thx
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » Silence

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary