navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » Pretty Girl
Teen Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pretty Girl Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
tapper798
since 2003-07-20
Posts 353
My own world

0 posted 2007-08-01 12:38 PM

Pretty girl, I know the world has hurt you,
And I know he took your heart,
I saw the pain as it rushed down your cheek
The night he tore your world apart.

He was the first to win your heart,
You timidly gave it up,
Only for it to be cracked and broken
Because to him you weren’t enough.

I see the hunger in your eyes
To feel the touch of a loving boys hand,
The longing to find the right one;
To find a guy who understands.

Pretty girl, I know he scarred you
And I know the pain is hard to hide,
I see the way you try to cover up
But your bright blue eyes don’t lie.

Pretty girl, I promise you one day he’ll look back
And realize there was no one like you,
You’ll be the girl he could never replace,
And you’ll be with someone who already knew.

-Erin

So I'm really rusty...I haven't written in a long time..and suddenly inspiration hit me. Unfortunately. Anyways...just had my heart broken, and I wrote this kind of as a note to myself that it'll be his loss in the end. Hope you enjoy

AIM-beatufu1tragidy

Tell me what you think about being open, about being honest with yourself.

© Copyright 2007 Erin - All Rights Reserved
hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
1 posted 2007-08-01 01:29 AM

it is so good to see you back here. Now one of my fav. from you but as you said yes, it has been awhile. I still understamd where you are coming from in the poem and for that, this was amazing. Again Good to have you back Erin
hunnie.

~fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me~

BrittanyJ
since 2007-06-03
Posts 461
Come find me?
2 posted 2007-08-01 10:45 AM

This is amazing The flow was just so perfect, and the rhyming wasn't forced at all...i loved it

So no more hiding all your pain, you deserve a new start. That's why i'm closing myself away, this is a message from your heart.

buttercupbaby
since 2006-05-03
Posts 400
outside in the rain
3 posted 2007-08-01 12:08 PM

woah WONDERFUL! i love it. Your flow was flawless, that makes me happy
Sorry about your heart, hun. But yes, it will be his loss, an its good that you know that already :]
I hope to read more from you, soon!
An coincedently, we dont think your poems are unfortunate :]]

~missy
afraid of my feelings and falling too deep, but i had to let go of the pain let it rain down on me

broken_smile1469
since 2006-07-02
Posts 104

4 posted 2007-08-02 08:22 PM

I agree this is a wonderful poem with great flow... like most of your other poems keep up the good work, great job

"in a world of cheerios, be a fruit loop"

rhia_5779
since 2006-06-09
Posts 1334
California
5 posted 2007-08-05 02:51 AM

If it helps your heart at all your right, he will in the long room pay because you will have moved on and a good while later the guy (cause guys aren't all that smart.. most of them) will realize  what he lost.. It just may take him awhile. See it also kinda proves he's stupid already to make that mistake in the first place, or at least thats what I think of those type of guys who break hearts and it takes them forever to figure it out.

this poem was amazing though, title , the whole deal. My favorite from you that I can think of off the top of my head, it all clicks. Its beautifully written and the emotion is soo strong. A powerful piece

littlefairy
since 2007-08-06
Posts 51
New York
6 posted 2007-08-07 10:53 PM

I loved it. Mostly because you were telling yourself that it'll be ok that in the end you'll have won out. I had just had my heart broken too. Twice actually. One right after the other and i'm not the type of person to just fall in love randomly. The first guy last a year and the second just walked out of my life. Their the only one's i have ever loved and they'll stay the only ones. Great job -Tara

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » Pretty Girl

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary